Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
Meh, i'm not a fan of speed - is more an allied trait Tongue
(you could also be a bit more understanding and explain it rather than having an outburst like that)

Being able to rush quickly with terrorist does sound handy though Big Grin
Giving korea that bigger advantage is better, i like!
ok, lemme explain it to ya:

like all soviet country's, Cuba is a rusher. they use mainly begin game a small group of rhino's to take you out or do massive damage and putting you way behind, or send in a flak track with terrorist inside which each have a crazy ivan bomb on them. on completely filled flak track of them can destroy a CY. this attack (the correct name for it is "terrorist bomb") is very cheap to pull of and can be very effective.
of course, this allmeans that the rusher needs to act very fast and depends greatly on speed. how faster he is, he more chance he has to critical damage and come to a point in the game were he has the upperhand.

with the extra-speed bonus, that rusher can deploy those rushing tactics far more faster and his chances to win the game dramatically increases. think about it: rhino's, which probably will be as fast or even faster then grizly's, can do better hit and run (as you know, they fire while moving), can retreat faster and are earlier in the game at the enemy base. think about it: the flak track, which is already very fast, can transport the loaded terrorist faster over the terrain and has less risk to get killed before it reached it's destination.

you now understand speed is very good and curtenly not useless ?

also your statement about that allieds depend on speed is wrong. the soviets players are the ones that depend on speed, b/c they are rushers. allieds rely on slower moving vehicles, like the mirage, the prism tank and the (less slowly though) BF. grilzy's are out of the question, as they too weak armored and are breakfast for the more powerful (and in this case: as fast or faster then the grilzy's) rhino's. IFV's are fast and maybe good for a fast sniping, but they have very weak armor and once they are in the firerange of a unit, they are death.

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
great, thanks for the info Big Grin

btw, if you put a crazy ivan bomb on an infantry unit then put that unit into a flak track (or other transport unit) will it go off, or will it go off the moment it leaves the transport?
the moment it leaves the transport. actually, the meaning is that the transport get destroyed when it's at its destination, so all terrorist came out in one time and explode inmediately.

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
Yes, this is very useful for Cuban rushers.
BTW, Whiteboy, there is a mining multiplier too.

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
WR makes the Crazy Ivans a little faster...

I also made Terroists stronger and faster for all modes... part of the mod aspect where each side's unique thing is a bit better. E.g. the Russian Stealth Tesla Tank that deploys into an AA Tesla Stinger. That unit's change is obvious, but the other changes my not be.

hey Wrath, what do ya know, I just found the IncomeMult= tag... w00t! It works as a straight multiplier to the money you get from ore. Here's the list so far then:

Psi-Corps: Ore Money x 1.12 (that's a +12% bonus), -8% Firepower

United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor
France: + 20% Armor, -15% Infantry Abilities
Germany: +23% Firepower, +7% Cost (price goes up, not down)
United Kingdom: +21% Infantry Abilities, -13% Rate of Fire

Russia: -20% Buildtime Rate (less time used, not more), -17% Infantry Abilities
Iraq: +14% Armor, -8% Ground Speed
Cuba: +15% Ground Speed, +4% Cost (price goes up, not down)
Libya: +18% Rate of Fire, +11% Buildtime rate (more time used, not less)

OK, now we need to decide what exactly we mean by "Infantry Abilities" for UK, France, and Russia. There are two tags I will use: one increases all infantry speed, the other increases all infantry armour. I think that for the UK, infantry should have +10% armour and +12% speed. France's infantry should have -8% armour and -11% speed, and the Russian infantry should have -11% armour and -12% speed.

If this is all OK, I will go ahead and code it. Opinons are now required.

I also plan to have a single unit for each side in this mode start off as a veteran when built/deployed at the start of a game. E.g. Britain could have all it's Snipers start off as veterans. America could ahve GI's start off as vets, Korea could have all Harriers as vets (yes, they can still build Harriers in WR), France could ahve Guardian GI's as vets, Russia's Rhinos could be vets, Cuba's Flak Tracks... Yuri's Gattling Tanks or Floating Discs... what do you guys think? Which single unit/infantry for each country could start off as a veteran in this mode?

Actually, I meant for them to have the same things, that both the tags go by the same percentage. It should work out perfectly, except for Russia. I think that it would actually only be 13% instead of 17%. That would be too much.

Whiteboy Wrote:I would... but that will affect parts of the mod I wouldn't want to... the text may not fit in. That's probably why they chose Korea, UK and America...

Actually, it should fit. I've seen it in another mod before and it worked out smoothly. Wink

Well, in that case, we have:

United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor
France: + 20% Armor, -15% Infantry Armour & Speed
Germany: +23% Firepower, +7% Cost (price goes up, not down)
United Kingdom: +21% Infantry Armour & Speed, -13% Rate of Fire

Russia: -20% Buildtime Rate (less time used, not more), -13% Infantry Armour & Speed
Iraq: +14% Armor, -8% Ground Speed
Cuba: +15% Ground Speed, +4% Cost (price goes up, not down)
Libya: +18% Rate of Fire, +11% Buildtime rate (more time used, not less)

Psi-Corps: Money form Ore +12%, -8% Firepower

This is the final list, unless I have any objections. Do I hear any objections? At all? Anywhere? If I don't get any soon, it is decided.

But one thing remains, from my last post:

Quote:I also plan to have a single unit for each side in this mode start off as a veteran when built/deployed at the start of a game. E.g. Britain could have all it's Snipers start off as veterans. America could have GI's start off as vets, Korea could have all Harriers as vets (yes, they can still build Harriers in WR), France could ahve Guardian GI's as vets, Russia's Rhinos could be vets, Cuba's Flak Tracks... Yuri's Gattling Tanks or Floating Discs... what do you guys think? Which single unit/infantry for each country could start off as a veteran in this mode?

Okay. That's easy. I can do that, but none of the country specifics should be veteran.

United States: Battle Fortress
South Korea: Harrier
France: Guardian G.I.
Germany: Mirage Tank
United Kingdom: Navy SEAL

Russia: Rhino Tank
Iraq: Apocalypse Tank
Cuba: Flak Track
Libya: V3 Rocket Launcher

Psi-Corps: Floating Disc

Note: Most of these are based on the advantages of the countries (except for Psi-Corps).

That is exactly the sort of list I would have made up myslef Wrath. It was just an example when I said the Sniper should be one, but I'll re-iterate: it's kind of pointless having country-specific thing starting out as veteran, since only that country has it, and therefore cannot be compared to another country with the same specific unit.

Ok then, looks like the design for this mode is done. I'll stick with "Native War" for the name for now, unless someone can come up with a better one.

"Native War" game mode

A mode that makes countries more unique by adjusting their overall stats. In addition, each country has a unit or infantry that starts off as a veteran when built/trained/given to you at the start of a skirmish.

United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed. Veteran unit: Battle Fortress
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor. Veteran unit: Harrier
France: + 20% Armor, -15% Infantry Armour & Speed. Veteran infantry: Guardian GI
Germany: +23% Firepower, +7% Cost (price goes up, not down). Veteran unit: Mirage Tank
United Kingdom: +21% Infantry Armour & Speed, -13% Rate of Fire. Veteran infantry: Navy SEAL

Russia: -20% Buildtime Rate (less time used, not more), -13% Infantry Armour & Speed. Veteran unit: Rhino Tank
Iraq: +14% Armor, -8% Ground Speed. Veteran unit: Apocalypse Tank
Cuba: +15% Ground Speed, +4% Cost (price goes up, not down). Veteran unit: Flak Track
Libya: +18% Rate of Fire, +11% Buildtime rate (more time used, not less). Veteran unit: V3

Psi-Corps: Money form Ore +12%, -8% Firepower. Veteran unit: Floating Disc

That's the final plan. All I can say now is... YAY or NAY?

Personally IMHO, this type of game mode should actually be standard. That way, no matter what type of mode you play, it'll always matter what side you play. Indeed, it is your mod to do with as you will, but it just seems to make more sense that way.
Evolution, you took the words right out of my mouth - I do actually plan to combine this mode with other modes. If you have seen my other topic - about new game modes - then you'll have seen a screenshot of (some of) the game modes for the mod. They are divided into Normal and Cross-Tech.

I'll add another section: Native War. The Native War modes will not have a cross-tech property (cross-tech is where, through building the Armagedon Engines and "master buildings", you can eventually build everything possible, even country-specific things).

I still don't quite like the name Native War. It sounds a bit "off". How about we name this new subset of modes the "World War" modes? May not be very original, but it sounds good and makes sense if you think about it.

I'm giving serious thought to having the UK veteran thing as the IFV instead. Because the US Navy SEAL is, well, the US Navy SEAL. It might not really matter. But can I have some thoughts on this please?

Please combine that mode with Lights out mode, the mod runs faster in lights out mode and makes it look right (as in a proper C&C game)

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Wish granted. It was granted before you even asked for it actually Tongue

Like I said, I am combining this mode with many, many others.

I still need an opinion on making the UK veteran unit the IFV instead of the Navy SEAL...