Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YR slowdown
MadHQ Wrote:basic tile 2kb. on a average map you can have a shit load of tiles lets say it has 10,000 basic tiles that's 20,000kb right there.

cliff tile 23kb (that's one of the largest ones) i would say about 100 cliff tiles. so that's 23,00kb right there.

The allied base when all build is about 5.86mb. The soviet base is about 9.2mb. And the Yuri base is about 9.76mb. so if you have all the 3 sides in one skirmish that's about 24.82 mb.

The GTNK vxl is about 39.5kb. lets just say 10 of those tanks are used that's 390.5kb

The GI shp is 181kb. say there's about 20 of them used, that's 3620kb.

Hell march 2 is about 4.75mb

Then there's all the other little sounds that get played in the background, along with the eva thing.

and then there lighting on most maps.

And then there's all the animations (not building animations, animations like explosions, and the little twinkels from the water and ore.)

and then every tile has to have blue/black background on each shp removed and placed over another tile. I'm sure that takes some kind of comp power.

then there's your timed objects that your game has to keep watch over. like AI stuff, ore stuff, triggers, build times, move times, animation time, list could go on forever!

So i dont think theres to much that any one can really do about it... its just how this game is.

Would this matter as much as surly the game would only be processing what you are currently viewing in the screen?
[Image: sig.jpg]
The genetic mutator thing is obviously a cause of lag, but can't be fixed (well maybe by pd/VK). I'm more interested in general causes of progressive slowdown that eventually make the game unlayable, particularly in multiplayer.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
However slowdown is main the reason, why we can not make some thingsUnhappy
Game engine calculate fast, but graphic output...
Quote:The GI shp is 181kb. say there's about 20 of them used, that's 3620kb.
No, image load onceSmile

Quote:Hell march 2 is about 4.75mb
Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

pd Wrote:Well, I am speaking on the slowdown that occurs later in the game, when there are plenty of units.
Especially Yuri causes such slowdowns.
Ever played against 7 brutal Yuris? Prepare for 10 FPS...

This is precisely the problem I've been experiencing. I have a saved skirmish game that exhibits this. It's 14 megs (much larger than the usual saved game). I can upload it somewhere if anyone would like to take a look at it.

It's too bad, as I never had this problem with standard RA2 skirmish games.
Hrrrrrmpf. Thou shalt not resurrect dead threads.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:Hrrrrrmpf. Thou shalt not resurrect dead threads.

Why would you have a problem with that? You never solved the problem.

Doesn't look like you care to either. Suit yourself, whoever you are.
Oh, I'm nobody...except for the whole "owner and admin of this place" thing...
...did I mention "no resurrections" is part of the forum rules? You might've missed that, being an anonymous guest and everything...
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:Oh, I'm nobody...except for the whole "owner and admin of this place" thing...
...did I mention "no resurrections" is part of the forum rules? You might've missed that, being an anonymous guest and everything...

Cool. You should add a rule that's opposed to any kind of progress whatsoever.

BTW, you should ask yourself why you're making mods for a game that has such a severe memory leak, that makes multiplayer and skrimish games unbearable to play.
Lift eyebrow

Closed. Because I can.

...and because this discussion is leading nowhere.

(Legal grounds, for the crying kids among the readers: First Commandment, Sixth Commandment, Sixth Guideline.)

Oh, and P.S.: I'm not.
Forum Rules

Is it the full moon bringing out all the retards?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3