Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unstable Ares build does not start
Morning!

So I downloaded the unstable 0.2 "fatman" build yesterday. Ran the Syringe "gamemd.exe" - it injected fine, and loads up when the command is issued. The same however, cannot be said for my mod.

Instead of loading up "fatman", the Mod resorts to loading up the stable 0.1 instead.

Anyone figured out a way around this?
Are you running your mod through LaunchBase?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(13.08.2012, 23:06:11)Renegade Wrote: Are you running your mod through LaunchBase?

It's the only way I can get a Mod to run with Ares. So unfortunately, yes. I have no idea how the MO team manages without it. I've considered ModPath, but am currently unsure if the technique will work.

The only tips Ares has for a stand alone launch is the "Syringe GameMD.exe" command, which is used to make a BAT file for the game and is required to make Ares work. It does not launch Mods.
Well, have you set up LaunchBase to use a custom Ares instead of stock?
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(14.08.2012, 21:18:20)Renegade Wrote: Well, have you set up LaunchBase to use a custom Ares instead of stock?

I had no idea LB was capable of such a thing. I most certainly can't find the option, so it probably involves some coding that'll go over my head -_-
I don't use LB myself, and since no one else is replying here, my answer must be "search the forums". It's been discussed in the past.
Either way, my conclusion is that your LB is set to start with stable Ares, hence its limitation to 0.1p1.
Forum Rules

(15.08.2012, 17:45:13)Renegade Wrote: I don't use LB myself, and since no one else is replying here, my answer must be "search the forums". It's been discussed in the past.
Either way, my conclusion is that your LB is set to start with stable Ares, hence its limitation to 0.1p1.

Somehow. It's like the "No CD" application for Ares. People discuss it, but it isn't there.

Quick EDIT - On a side note, it looks like it hasn't been discussed on here beforehand. Thus, this knowledge (like so many Ares related things) belongs solely to the Developers, and quite possibly the MO's Super Secret Ares Build.
Funky, my search results say there's a checkbox called "Use Official Ares DLL" in LBMC...
Forum Rules

(15.08.2012, 18:45:37)Renegade Wrote: Funky, my search results say there's a checkbox called "Use Official Ares DLL" in LBMC...

That command makes it start working without any kind of Ares file. Not even Version 0.1.
Did you properly install or package Ares?
Forum Rules

(15.08.2012, 19:46:54)Renegade Wrote: Did you properly install or package Ares?

I installed Ares according to the "Using the Standalone Version of Ares" instructions, since Ares needs this to activate (or a BAT file, but I'm no Mathematicitian).
That's most likely why it isn't working with Launch Base.
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
(16.08.2012, 06:13:21)Professor_Tesla Wrote: That's most likely why it isn't working with Launch Base.

In which case, is there an alternate super secret method that isn't in the Readme? Because LB doesn't like loading (or updating) the non-standard versions of Ares.
http://ares-developers.github.com/Ares-docs/

Fully explains it afaik. Look under migration guide

EDIT: WTH? I'm sure I read somewhere how to do it. It involved packaging Ares with the mod didn't it? Can't find where now though O.o

EDIT 2:
Quote:=====Ares=====
If you want to make use of the official Ares DLL then simply select that option in Launch Base Mod Creator. Alternatively, edit the LaunchBase\Mods\your_mod\launcher\liblist.gam file (which is a text file) and set UseAres=yes.

If you want to inject your own DLL into the game instead of the official Ares DLL (for example, you might want to test an experimental version of Ares) then make sure you do not use the official Ares DLL. Instead, you should add the DLL and INJ file to LaunchBase\Mods\your_mod\syringe

From the file help8.txt packaged with LaunchBase in the Help folder.
(16.08.2012, 15:34:55)Black Shadow 750 Wrote: http://ares-developers.github.com/Ares-docs/

Fully explains it afaik. Look under migration guide

EDIT: WTH? I'm sure I read somewhere how to do it. It involved packaging Ares with the mod didn't it? Can't find where now though O.o

...Except it explains nothing about my problem. My problem is getting 0.2 to start AT ALL. It just refers to a few tags changes.

EDIT - This was made before the edit made above! Please don't kill me! You'll get that chance later, I promise!