Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly, Syringe will no longer run.
I didn't post this in the bugtracker because I am about 99% percent sure this has nothing to do with anything related to the game engine itself.

I haven't touched my mod w/Ares public release 1 for about two months. It was working fine the last time I ran it, and now suddenly whenever I run Ares gamemd fails to initialize properly. I'm suspecting this is due to outside updates in the operating system (Vista) because that's the only thing that's changed since the last time I ran the mod.

I've tried all kinds of things; making sure to sync the compatibility of gamemd.exe and syringe.exe, tried all the various compatibility options, reinstalled visual basic C+ 2008 after an uninstall, uninstalled my anti-virus and firewall, closed down every program that's not Windows essential, but the syringe process keeps failing and I'm at a loss as to what I can do to get the mod working again.

If it helps any, I'm trying to run it from a .bat file with the line:
Syringe "gamemd.exe" %*

Edit: I'm also running it as an administrator and normal gamemd runs just fine
Hi!
Can you post syringe.log? Do you use Comodo?
(17.12.2011, 02:18:55)AlexB Wrote: Hi!
Can you post syringe.log? Do you use Comodo?

I figured it out, it turned out to be residual firewall files still interfering with the syringe program after uninstallation (zonealarm). Guess that's the downside of not having a straight exe hack.
(20.12.2011, 08:24:48)RedFox34 Wrote: Guess that's the downside of not having a straight exe hack.
Didn't you say it was ZoneAlarm? An exe hack would have many many more disadvantages. It's harder to work on it in a team, version control is almost impossible and several features would take ages to develop.
(21.12.2011, 01:22:20)AlexB Wrote:
(20.12.2011, 08:24:48)RedFox34 Wrote: Guess that's the downside of not having a straight exe hack.
Didn't you say it was ZoneAlarm? An exe hack would have many many more disadvantages. It's harder to work on it in a team, version control is almost impossible and several features would take ages to develop.
Depends. You could do all injections at build time instead of at run time without any of those disadvantages.