Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed development of YR 1.002 Community Patch
Now who's having a German/English bilingual mod, and is therefore predestinated for that part? Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Me? Tongue

Heh, no, that should be Renegade's job though, I got other things to do.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Err, the mentioning of the XCC Mod Creator in the other thread made me realize something: We should contact Olaf. Not necessarily to help, but to add a 1.002-mode to the Mod Creator/Launcher...
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I'm not sure what, if any, stuff would need to be considered by XCCMC/L. I suppose it depends on how the YRCP is implemented.
How does XCCMC do the CSF? If it extracts it from langmd.mix, and the YRCP is updating langmd.mix, then I don't think there's anything that XCCMC/L needs to know (except maybe that 'delete mod files' option, which I always steer clear of given that it deleted my expandmd01.mix, but maybe that's since been fixed).
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Well, iirc, MC lets you set the number of your mixes, for example...if we take 02, it'd be rather ungood if a mod was set to that as well...

I guess it depends on what gets changed...but the more different the exe gets, the safer it'd be to contact Olaf...

For example, to add a tab for the Third Side's GUI...although there was something, at least in an earlier version...

Hell, I need access to my mod-stuff...
Forum Rules

Marshall;date=Jan 26 2005, 03:02 AM Wrote:Add <expandmd02.mix> which includes:
rulesmd.ini [UMP/TX/exePatch]
artmd.ini [UMP/TX/exePatch]
mp*md.ini [UMP]
all02umd.map [1.000]
cmon.hva [UMP]
fixed UMP graphics [GAWETH,YAPSYT,CAOUTP]
need to either patch users RA2MD.MIX or extract RA2MD.CSF and patch just that (can we include it in expand? if it has to be loose then we obviously want to patch their RA2MD.MIX, because of mods needing to add their CSF. [1.002 CSF needs updated unholy alliance description, and all theme strings needed by YRPM)
assault ini (art/modes)
new PKT for assault maps (+others if included)
-----> if assault maps were modified to add themselves to the map list we wouldn't even need to include them in the PKT. would remove the Menu bug caused by not having the maps.
[right][snapback]89[/snapback][/right]

IMHO (PD, H is for Honest, since you needed to ask what IMO was)
IMHO you should include this mix as an optional extra, by my estimation, this is going to add +5Mb to +10 MB, depending how much of what you add. 10Mb is a clean 30mins to 1hour for me, and although i might download it 1 day, I'd prefer not to need to.

as for stuff that the patch requires, like any files to fix bugs, or languages, should go in another mix unique to the patch, patchmd.ini was my sugestion there.
Quote:Estimated file size for finished package: ~1.42 MB

So not 10MB.
The whole point of the YRCP is to provide everything in one place (except maybe the TX given that it is a sizeable 6.2 MB).

At present, the exe patch by itself doesn't need anything with it at all and you can already download the exe patch by itself from pd's site for just a few kilobytes.

PS. In 'IMHO', the 'H' stands for 'humble', not 'honest'.
--Lysdexia

Marshall;date=Feb 12 2005, 05:27 PM Wrote:So not 10MB.
The whole point of the YRCP is to provide everything in one place (except maybe the TX given that it is a sizeable 6.2 MB).
i said 5-10meg. 1.42+6.2 = 7.62, which is in the 5-10 meg range. still, I'd consider 1.42M a rather sizable download, that'd still take 5 to 10 mins, i hate upload our mod because it takes hours.... besides, the patch will likely have many updates, 1.42 meg download a week to obtain the patch, and a bunch of stuff I've already got is a bit big. maybe 3 packs then, patch itself, and any needed files, which as you said, it currently doesn't have, (remember when i say any needed extra files, this is so it doesn't have to re-write other files.) patch with accessories, and patch with accessories and TX. since you'll still be able to DL all those accessories seperatly, i see its only fair that you can still download this patch seperatly. and if it is released, please in ZIP or self extraction exe format. winrar is crap imo. besides, winrar reads zip files, winzip doesn't read rar files... even windows reads zip files now.

Marshall;date=Feb 12 2005, 05:27 PM Wrote:PS. In 'IMHO', the 'H' stands for 'humble', not 'honest'.
I've never said nor heard "In my Humble opinion" ever in my life. "in my honest opinion" i say, and hear on a daily basis.
exe Patch on it's own: few KBs, already available from pd's site. This wouldn't be withdrawn when the YRCP is released.

YRCP: provides many things as well as the exe patch. updates could be made available so you don't have to download the whole thing again. At the end of the day, you don't have to download the YRCP if you don't want to.

All downloads will be in executable installers using high compression method.

I suppose you also think there's some strange letter in the alphabet called 'haych' and that tomato is pronounced, beyond all reason, tomayto. IMHO it's not my fault if people don't speak proper English like what we do.
--Lysdexia

Marshall;date=Feb 12 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:I suppose you also think there's some strange letter in the alphabet called 'haych' and that tomato is pronounced, beyond all reason, tomayto. IMHO it's not my fault if people don't speak proper English like what we do.
[right][snapback]404[/snapback][/right]
maybe its a local saying...

Hay-ch, the pronunciation of H.
Tomato, Tom-a-toe
Potato, Pot-ay-toe, strange how we say 1, 1 way, and the other, the other...
also, Zed, the pronunciation of Z. not Zee!

and i live in england, nobody speaks better english than england, they invented it.
Americans stole it, re-wrote it, then claim the English are wrong...

colour for example.
Whew. Been following this for a while, I guess I should join in sometime. Big Grin

Personally I'm shocked that this suddenly happens after four years of modding the game, but better late than never. I'm amazed with the progress so far, and I don't think I can contribute any new ideas to that already massive TODO list. Wink

One thing I do want to bring up is the possible TX encorporation into the patch. Is this really necessary? I'm mainly concerned as last time I checked, it is still in continuing development (it is isn't it?). This is why I like it as a totally independant add-on that can be added and removed at will especially when updates and new versions come along, of both the TX itself and the patch. Is this patch even going to include/modify any maps to use the TX tilesets? I realise having it included might help to broaden it's overall usage amongst map makers and players, but it's already a seperate add-on as it is, and if it remains compatible with the new patch what's just stopping people from downloading or using their already downloaded copy as normal?

If size is an issue and you're thinking about possibly doing two versions of the patch, but even bother thinking of encorporating it in the first place? Where people can download and patch their game, and then also if they wish spend the extra time downloading the TX, especially as since the patch wouldn't even USE the TX from what I see. The smaller the patch is, the more attractive it is to the average gamer, who have come to expect RA2/YR patches be tiny as hell. Tongue

In any case, not including it would certainly mean you wouldn't have to worry about it's development, along with the development of any other third-party addons you're thinking of including (Assault Gamemode), and of course the development of the patch itself. Granted they don't update that often, but Murphy's Law can strike and they update at the worse possible time. :unsure:

My main concern is development really. Blade, if you and DJBREIT are still developing new tilesets, I personally would prefer the TX to remain a seperate issue from the patch, at least until it has satisfactorily reached it's peak, or if you intend to actually use it in the patch.

That's all from me. B)
[Image: moocow.gif] MooMan65 [Image: moocow.gif]
[Image: moobanner.gif]
Administrator: Den Games Network | Webmaster: MooMan's Corner
Creator: YR: Squared, MooMan's Rules, Capture Pack | Co Creator: Terrain Expansion
I agree with Moo.

If the YRCP and the TX are to be combined, I think the YRCP should be a component of the TX rather than vice-versa. Or perhaps this is just semantics Wink

[edit] Oh btw, this is a possible candidate as a patch update feature, maybe. Somebody needs to test this.
http://www.cannis.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1417 [/edit]
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
Question:
What does my board have that Cannis' doesn't?

Right! Guests can read the threads! Big Grin

So, would you tell us what exactly is hidden behind your pretty "Log the fuck in"-message? Big Grin
Forum Rules

I'd have to agrree. I don't like creating accounts just to read messages... infact, I'm pretty sure theres plenty of times i've been pointed to your forums and told the people i can't look at it... so, in this case, i think i might sign on. but i doubt i'll post anything there ever, i barely post anywhre anymore, only reason i'm post here is because of this recent big development of a patch, and this seems to be the home, that and my deezire account is brocken.
Renegade;date=Feb 13 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Question:
What does my board have that Cannis' doesn't?

Right! Guests can read the threads! Big Grin

So, would you tell us what exactly is hidden behind your pretty "Log the fuck in"-message? Big Grin
[right][snapback]414[/snapback][/right]
A forum is behind the message.

Create an account, accept the cookie, and stay logged in. Make at least one post in the next 30 days and your account should remain open. Then you won't be able to tell the difference.

There are very good reasons why my board is not viewable by guests, which I don't want to go into here.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.