Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares.
What,the manual is explaining its feature fairly enough.Should we include every possible use? That's too much work.Can I be a bit lazy when writing the manual? Or should I post somewhere all other possible uses for features of ARES,NPEXT,GZ,and the Vanilla YR ?If you are kind enough not to call it spam,and I have the time,I will be glad to do that.I can help with the tutorial parts in my way.

InfDeath?only included 2 kinds,one in APSpecial,one in the mine system.What about other special warheads?Will it behabe like the existing EMP or just a open,expandable way to create multi-warhead feature?IMO the second is better,don't ever bother to try to change my opinion.Airburst is not everything but it does have some protential.

Someone told me most are only C&P users.Besides,I also wrote explanations after important code.What you mean is placing them together after that confusing huge amount of code to easier to find,right?
Not clear?I'll update it.But only speeder asked why those mines blink.So,I thought nobody was confused.
I have to admit that there are some certain drawbacks in my posting style.Feel free to point out.You can PM me giving me aggressive samples from my posts,or I never will learn anything to improve.
(The Chinese always consider all foreigners have poor Chinese so are never annoyed of all their behavior.In the western countries seems to be the opposite LOL)
Just because "most are C&P users" doesn't make them right. If they're unwilling to learn, then that is one of the basic parts of the noob checklist already ticked.

Try to explain how your code fits together - you use two InfDeaths? Why? How does it make the code faster or simpler or easier or less laggy (less laggy would be good). It's explanations like that which allow modders to adapt one system for an entirely different purpose.
(14.04.2011, 12:40:03)kenosis Wrote: Someone told me most are only C&P users.Besides,I also wrote explanations after important code.What you mean is placing them together after that confusing huge amount of code to easier to find,right?
Not clear?I'll update it.But only speeder asked why those mines blink.So,I thought nobody was confused.
I have to admit that there are some certain drawbacks in my posting style.Feel free to point out.You can PM me giving me aggressive samples from my posts,or I never will learn anything to improve.
(The Chinese always consider all foreigners have poor Chinese so are never annoyed of all their behavior.In the western countries seems to be the opposite LOL)

This shows me you still know nothing about the western C&C community. And now I understand. So apologize about my misunderstanding of you.

In PPM, yes, they're mostly C'n'P modders. Except the big names, like Speeder, AG, Apollo, Worminator, Starkku, FS-21, Beowulf, list goes on... those, who are hosted on CnCGuild/PPM, or testing Ares have evolved from C'n'P. C'n'P modding is inferior to logical modding, just a bit better than TibEd, I think. The only reason the community doesn't against C'n'P modding because that the game is old and nowadays all projects are silent. PPM is the only active modding community right now, even if it's quality isn't the best. Even if it' spammed by noobism, it's still spammed. Unlike C&CGuild, for example, which got no replies in the TS/RA2 Modding board for the whole March.

I don't trust your code because I can't understand them. I consider them as NPExt voodoo and ignore it soon after. For me, it's definitely confusing. For example, in your mine tutorial, you posted up 5 weapons. Now which one does what, what else it needs, how this working? And this goes to all of your tutorials. Some lines of overall summary does miracles.

Regarding your aggression, I have to say that you're right about ArvinCool, so I can understand that as well. But not everybody is ArvinCool. Sometimes your posts are too short which can also be read as impolite, like what happened on my EMP-Damage tut.

I see your intentions now and I can understand you. Just do what you're doing and take these advices into account as well. My points may or may not be valid, but they were written for the purpose to help you. Even if I'll never consider Gear Zero useful. Just because I have Ares.
"Just because I have Ares" is a sutra,I like it.

Well,MK have always mentioned the differences between Chinese modders and the other modders,but it seems that just MK and LH_Mouse is quite doing well in coding.Just like MK's plan -- OC,I even can't think that it is RedAlert2 if it has OC.Yes,as MK said,GZ is more like SAGE,but why we should use GZ?I can play Gerenal everytime if I want,or just have a look what SAGE can do.Ares don't need that,I think.

Well,my English is not as well as MK's,so try to understand what I say,thanks.

To MK (Chinese)
您老和人家吵吵来吵吵去的有劲吗?。。。喷国内小白也就得了,到哪里都喷啊。。。
Whassat...
从没见过有人抱怨功能太强大的……

I edited my EMP tut,added needed overall summary.Still confusing?Tell me so I can better it.