Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] NIPPLES: Chrono Prison
Nice shot, ¥R M0dd€r.

I like the reverse engineering part, is there a documentation about this logic out yet?

Chrono Prison is also nice, but I hope you cannot exploit it, by eating your own units, chronoshifting the Prison(s) and releasing an army if the prison(s) is/are destroyed. Any thoughts/disprovements on this?
(01.03.2011, 18:43:45)Striker Wrote: Nice shot, ¥R M0dd€r.
Thanks

Quote:I like the reverse engineering part, is there a documentation about this logic out yet?
Yes, check 0.2 manual.

Quote:Chrono Prison is also nice, but I hope you cannot exploit it, by eating your own units, chronoshifting the Prison(s) and releasing an army if the prison(s) is/are destroyed. Any thoughts/disprovements on this?
The chrono prison logic is of course customizable. There is a tag called AffectsAllies=, if you set it to "yes", you cannot use Chrono Prison on your own/allied units. Right now Chrono Prison logic ignore AffectsAllies=, I have reported this and Renegade will fix this problem in the future(probably after 0.2).
Java student.
<offtopic>
(01.03.2011, 18:43:45)Striker Wrote: Chrono Prison is also nice, but I hope you cannot exploit it, by eating your own units, chronoshifting the Prison(s) and releasing an army if the prison(s) is/are destroyed. Any thoughts/disprovements on this?
Nobody said the Chrono Prison has to move by chrono shifting.
If you create a unit that can both carry passengers and chrono shift, you get what you ask for.
</offtopic>
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I think he meant use the Chronosphere on the Prison to move it.
(01.03.2011, 18:43:45)Striker Wrote: Chrono Prison is also nice, but I hope you cannot exploit it, by eating your own units, chronoshifting the Prison(s) and releasing an army if the prison(s) is/are destroyed. Any thoughts/disprovements on this?

Survival.PassengerChance=0 Wink </offtopic>
Aside from the slight increase in unload speed, it wouldn't exactly be much different to getting some Amphibious Transports together, chronoshifting them and deploying them anyway. Besides, it's up to the modder to balance things accordingly in their mod - what you decide to do with a feature is your own decision.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
(04.03.2011, 22:31:01)Orac Wrote: I think he meant use the Chronosphere on the Prison to move it.

Yes, this was my point.

(04.03.2011, 23:35:12)Graion Dilach Wrote: [...]
Survival.PassengerChance=0 Wink </offtopic>

Are the units trapped inside the prison considered to be passengers?
I tried to find a newer documentation, but I only find the 0.1 manual, so sorry if this is documented anyway.

(05.03.2011, 00:56:03)Nighthawk Wrote: [...] Besides, it's up to the modder to balance things accordingly in their mod - what you decide to do with a feature is your own decision.

Of course it is. Do you remind the bug when Temporal=yes granted experience when killing own units? This bug has got nothing to do with my question, but what I want to express with mentioning it is: You can only balance things in good ways if you have the tools (tags to customize) to do so. I just wanted to ask if anything is implemented to prevent exploiting this logic, or if you don't see it my way, if anything is implemented to customize it.
Yes, they are considered as passengers. I use Chrono Prisons and my problem was that destroying a CP emerged the units. Then I found the Survival tags, which fixed the problem, but CPs still can be ordered to drop out the contained units by deploying. But I think I'll leave that.

Honestly, the CP logic can be varied for use. (Ordinary CP, vehicle which can teleport allied units to it's place... the list goes on)