Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep The Ball Rolling
(16.02.2011, 08:28:54)DCoder Wrote: @EVA: our IRC network is somewhat crazy that way - I've had luck connecting via mibbit if a normal client fails. But Ren doesn't seem to care much, bummer.
That's because, given that I never have that problem, I strongly suspect it's simply a question of server/client combination.
As in, one particular server on the network has mibbit banned or doesn't accept clients without ident response, or whatever.

If the entire network really randomly banned people, I'd obviously do something about it, but since I never have problems, and you find a way in pretty much every day, I'm inclined to believe it's more of an isolated problem of unknown cause. So identifying the cause would allow affected people to simply avoid the problem.

Besides, I have tried to talk to the ircops about the issue, but the one I got couldn't help me.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
While I'm glad to see this kind of turnout, at this point I would like to clarify that posting a reply in this topic does not count as an application, or guarantee you getting a job...
Wall O' Text™ Wrote:If you're interested, send me a PM with some information about who you are, what you're applying for, and why you'd be good for the role.
We may be in need of people, but that doesn't mean we're opening the floodgates - applications will be strictly vetted: if we don't think you're suited for the job, we're not going to give you it.

Until my volcano base is complete, I won't have the resources to create that mind-reading machine whose blueprints have been stored away in my lab for months. So I cannot guess your experience and suitability from a half-line forum post. Send me a PM if you want to apply for anything.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Just for reporting: I still work on the Project Ambassador things, the mod I will use for PR work is finished content-wise, only polishing remains.