Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] OAPtFatSotC > narfnin Document Maintainer
Jawdropping I was trying to make an ares mod, but had a problem with LB. But enough of that.

Wink
I would be willing to work (preferable co-work) on the Manual/Readme when I have time. If nobody's volunteered yet, count me in. If someone has, see if they'll want me to help. I would love to help make Ares more user-friendly and easy to understand.

Eek
HOWEVER!! I would not be able to work daily. What I would like, if it would work for you guys, is to just e-mail me when there's things that need documentation.

Wtf (disbelieving)
IE: You guys finished coding a new feature. Let me know how it works, and I'll edit the manual with it and, once tested, post what exactly happens that wasn't planned and/or in more detail. However, I would probably need someone else to test unless my mysterious problem was solved.

So, TL;DR, I would be willing to be the/a Documentation Maintainer, provided I am notified when something needs documenting.Big Grin
Narfnin, what's your problem with Launch Base?

I use LB daily, even used it to give out private beta mods... so I think I can help with that.

EDIT: Dammit, I misremembered you.
Nighthawk, as the Project Manager, is managing the ACSC, though I will say that remembering to continuously e-mail you whenever we need a change would probably be just as much work as updating the manual ourselves.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
narfnin, I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn down your request. Primarily, I'm saying no because (as Renegade says) your method of getting updates through to the documentation is just as much work as if it was just done by the developers manually, and that would merely amplify the documentation problem, as opposed to solve it.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.