Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes
Often when I make random maps I get an IE right before the ore, buildings, placements, and vegetation spawns.

Attached Files
.log   syringe.log (Size: 61.81 KB / Downloads: 499)
Did you read the last few entries of debug.log? I'm betting you enabled Urban Areas without the right structures.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Uh I see warp able and mouse as the last entry. And what right structures may I have unenabled or disabled that are needed for urban areas? It's really bothering me.
Do notice that you uploaded syringe.log and I referred to debug.log, which is a different file entirely. Check your game's debug/ subfolder and debug.log will be there, and I can bet the last lines will be "generating urban areas" or similar.

ЯТҒМ Wrote:A new checkbox – 'Place Urban Areas' – allows the user to add an assortment of streets and urban combat buildings at random spots throughout the generated map. The objects placed by this feature are hard-coded to the following list for the time being:

* Structures: CABUNK01, CABUNK02, CAARMY01, CAARMY02, CAARMY03, CAARMY04, CACHIG03, CANEWY01, CANEWY14, CANWY09, CANWY26, CANWY25, CATEXS07
* Vehicles: TRUCKA, TRUCKB, COP, EUROC, SUVW, SUVB, FTRK, AMBU
* Infantry: CIV1, CIV2, CIV3, CIVA, CIVB, CIVC

I'm unable to recover a debug.log file. There's a Debug folder with an except and a .dmp file. And yes I said yes to the error report.
(28.08.2010, 18:29:00)Guest Wrote: I'm unable to recover a debug.log file. There's a Debug folder with an except and a .dmp file. And yes I said yes to the error report.

This is me btw. Somehow my log in got eaten or I sat afk for to long on here and it logged out.
Well, I gave you the list of structures it uses, is there anything else?

Why Am I not getting a debug.log file? I never did a windows search? I know it's on my end maybe the launch base could be disabling the creation of that? And I checked those buildings and nothing seems off about them in the coding.
for sanity's sake, i recommend moving all your old unneeded debug files and dumps from your /debug folder, and then running the game once. Produce the error, get the crash, tell it to produce the dumps/error reports, and then check your /debug folder again. Sometimes I can't find a specific file simply because it is hidden among an array of other old useless debug files.

Also, I have a feeling launch base DOES have some option to toggle Ares logging. Since I don't use Launch Base in favor of an easier and simpler manual approach I wired up myself, I can't tell you exactly where, but it should be relatively easy to find.
I fixed by Launch base setting and still not crash.logs being created. all these worth anything though?

Attached Files
.txt   except.20100830-151843.txt (Size: 5.28 KB / Downloads: 472)
.txt   except.20100830-152234.txt (Size: 5.28 KB / Downloads: 447)
That crashed in placing tech structures. Do check that your [AI]NeutralTechBuildings= are all correct.

also, you're not looking for "crash.log"; the file DC is looking for is called "syringe.log" or "syringe.txt"
(31.08.2010, 06:23:48)DCoder Wrote: That crashed in placing tech structures. Do check that your [AI]NeutralTechBuildings= are all correct.

Thank you. One of my buildings had wall=yes on it. So the game confused what it truely was and probably crashed. the error is fixed.

On a side note which seeds in random map generations generate the most Urban Areas and Which seeds also generate the most water? Or have high influences in those two things.