Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD: Ultimate Smackdown
mt Wrote:336
I would support this if Yuri's Revenge came with blank cameos. Does it? No!
All of the YR cameos exist in blank form in a cameo pack on PPM.

Edit: And just to back up my claim before someone starts shouting again: Link.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
(10.08.2010, 17:48:50)mt. Wrote: @FEN
The rain.shp is broken in that RAR mind reuploading?
Something ruins my uploads at times. Has to be Firefox since I never have that issue with IE8. Try the download again.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
(10.08.2010, 18:20:48)Nighthawk200 Wrote:
mt Wrote:336
I would support this if Yuri's Revenge came with blank cameos. Does it? No!
All of the YR cameos exist in blank form in a cameo pack on PPM.

Edit: And just to back up my claim before someone starts shouting again: Link.

Fine, fine, I stand corrected. Edited it out (to stop the automated counter from still counting it...)

Fen Wrote:Something ruins my uploads at times. Has to be Firefox since I never have that issue with IE8. Try the download again.
Yeah, working now.

I said I wouldn't implement this back whenever. Nothing more to say.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
@Beowulf:
I was just gonna say - the CRC of rain.shp failed; but guessing from the size of snow.shp and your description, it works exactly like I thought: A shitload of animations played on specific places of the map to feign complete map coverage.
Of course that can work. But it's a far cry from proper support where you just define one SHP and a few parameters centrally and have it work.
You can't seriously propose that having to play dozens, if not hundreds of animations all over the map, defining celltags for each of them and just as many triggers to control them is a suitable substitute for a simple, central weather system.
If you're masochistic enough to create something like that for every single map you make, fine.
But I do think it's very reasonable to provide modders and mappers with an option not to have to resort to that.

@mt:
It does the second you try to add another language. Where you had to do 50 cameos before, you'd have to do 100 now.

While that issue could be used to crudely fake this one, for one, it wouldn't be as pretty, and, more importantly, bullets would suddenly be subject to a projectile's speed. Right now, bullets hit instantly - with your proposed workaround, there'd be a noticeable delay between shot and hit, similar to tank shells.

See my replies to Beowulf - if crappy, crude, work-intensive workarounds were grounds for dismissal, the large majority of issues would be rejected.
Even crowd favorite #349 immediately had someone saying "Possible already, though buggy." - would you like me to close that issue, because a crappy workaround already exists?

This discussion will be closed soon, so if you haven't voted yet, do it now.
Update: Time's up!
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Counts

10 1147
6 1044
4 947
4 376
3 972
3 953
3 916
3 915
3 625
3 475
3 333
3 326
3 217
3 1158
3 1075

2 979
2 978

2 526
2 392
2 345
2 292
2 1009
1 991
1 725
1 724
1 640
1 488
1 378
1 360
1 336
1 285

Background

We had 10 unique voters in the thread (Nighthawk, Darkstorm, reaperrr, Renegade, Black Shadow 750, Beowulf, Orac, mt., AlexB, DCoder), which placed the cut-off point at 5 or more votes. However, given the distribution of the votes, and given that small votes like BS750's and Nighthawk's set the bar higher without significantly adding votes to the pool, we have decided to lower the cut-off to 3 or more votes.
Issues with 3 votes still had almost a third of the voters consider them too crappy for implementation, and many of the votes were "backed up" with argumentation anyway.

Positions marked grey were veto'd by the administration, either for personal reasons or because of convincing community argumentation.

Next

Beyond the issues on the vote list, us devs have taken a few other issues out of the rotation, so I'll have to update the survivor list, and once I know how many issues are left, I'll decide whether to skip a round or not, or whether to find a compromise.

You'll have a news post and new deathmatch threads soon enough. Smile

Thank you all for your help!
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.