Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
I think the flag belongs in the Combat and Damage (or something like that) area. But I guess you are right. Thanks Smile
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
Does that hard drive crash PD has had affect the patch?
[Image: antitxtbanner3eg.gif]
Saberhawk;date=Nov 22 2005, 07:13 AM;post=2031 Wrote:Does that hard drive crash PD has had affect the patch?
thats a good question, was going to ask that myself. i'd presume it depends how much work he's done since the last patch and how many beta's he's been handing aroound. hopefully, someone can send him the latest 1 he handed out.
I don't think he gave anyone his IDA DB after the YRHacKit fiasco... Unhappy

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
i don't think he's changed that much of the database since the YRHacKit. but i was refering to the EXE.
wrong bobing, completely wrong.
exe doesnt matter at all.

the really bad thing is: database is gone.
and you don't seem to be able to imagine how much I changed every day...
it was discovery after discovery, it's always been like that.
now it'd be a total mess.

my table is gone, my class program, and the IDB.
I'm sitting here with the latest 107b exe and thats it.

thats really mean, i used to have the IDB in my ra2 dir which is stil there.
but due to the fresh Windows install I moved it to my big HD for backup.
and now... there it went...

Houston, we got a daaaamn problem...
[Image: jsfml.png]
oh crap.

do you have any database at all?

Tip. never move, always copy, then delete only if you run low on diskspace.

thats how i've filled an 80, 120 and 160 gig hard drive. actually, my 160 doesn't contain that much backup wise, its all on my 80 and 120 drives.
Man, that bites. PD, I still have the HacKit db, and so does Saberhawk, we could make it into a torrent or something... assuming it's still useful, that is.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
its usefull, depends if he still has it, or something newer. if he does, he won't need it, but if he hasn't, then oh, bullcrap... you'll have to send him it.
Got the HacKit IDB from ZombyDragon already.
Though that doesn't mean it's all good now <-<

I did a LOT of sorting and renaming for 107 and of course I found a lot of stuff which is now unknown again.
Don't worry, you'll get there. And you'll probably find out more and realise some mistakes along the way. I've lost work like this several times before and have always come out on top in the end.

Which reminds me... about time I backed up all my stuff.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
pd, Upload a Backup in your Rock the Battlefield website (only avalaible by you) 1 time each week to prevent this type of ... bad luck ^_^ (you will to have very bad luck if your server was hacked & your HD crashed again :unsureSmile
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
kauf cd-rohlinge Tongue
Trust me I'll back up things by now...

I finally got the game back and tested 107b which is running fine.
The following things are fixed:
- Screenshots work again
- AutoFire doesn't cause IEs anymore
- EVADetected doesn't cause "random" IEs (you couldn't notice that it was EVADetected) anymore

I think it'll be the last version for a pretty long time, due to me being frustrated and besides of that I want to know what'll be up with The First Decade.
The version shall be available by sunday or so.

I'll be working on mods now, first one is my Christmas mod, Jingle Bells, as you might know.
After that one, it's making civilian buildings for a mod which's name I forgot, and then other mod projects.

Don't worry about the patch.
It's not dead or canceled.
Just paused for an undetermined amount of time.
Hey, check out these sites dealing with data recovery:
Quetek
RecoverMyFiles
DTIData

I don't know how bad the damage is, but these might help. Chances are you might get some of it back. But it costs money, and I don't know how much you are willing to spend on software.