Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
the way i see it, the patcher is tiny, it adds almost nothing to my already large installer. so, why should i tell whoever wants to play my mod to go find and use another file, when i can include it with my mod and give them the option to install it?

if it were something massive like the TX, fair enough, but for something tiny like the patch, i'd rather package it with the mod.
Marshall;date=Oct 19 2005, 11:44 AM;post=1800 Wrote:Regarding version numbers, FS-21 has suggested expanding the valid format to X.YY.ZZ
However, this would require that YY and ZZ always be stated (EG. "1.07.00" and still must only consist of numbers. It looks more like a date to me than a version number and may confuse people.
If you want to change the Rock Patch format to change then tell me now.
I can have different version formats for different components but they must all be integers in the yrcrp.ini file.

Due to the future version number format on the yrcrp.ini RP=107 ( 1.07 to the user) can't handle pd's hotfixes on newer versions (1.07a, 1.07b, 1.07c, 1.07d...) or he sould change the format.. really isn't a problem but is classic to see the letter after the version Smile

Initially I said you XYYZZ (intestead of XYY of your format) to allow these hotfixes (01=a, 02=b, 03=c, 04=d, ... until z ). Of course, a programmer must solve special cases when is showing information to the user: 10700 should be showed as 1.07 but if exist a 1.07c internally to the program will be done as 10703 (I don't know why "may confuse people" if this [VERSIONS] section in yrcrp.ini is only internal data to a program, not to be edited by people)

Well, is an insignificant detail but if a program can be improved, better :innocent:
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
I don't think fix versions will be needed anymore, since i let the patch being tested once i implemented a new feature.

stability problems like Windows-specific errors were caused by me modifying the original code & data segments (I really didn't know whether those places were used by the game or not).
but that's past.
Stability fixes shouldn't be required either.

on the other hand, i really like FS-21's idea, and i think that's the safest way (and quite easy to make imo).

@DCoder:
I used eXPressor.
anyway, i had the same thought about the >99% difference, and i'm aware that this wil end up in filesize.

you're right... shipping the exe isn't a too well idea.
so i'll send Marshall the uncompressed one
[Image: jsfml.png]
like i said before, i'd only ever ship an official release anyway with the patcher, for the simple reason, its a lot safer than trying to get my software to overite the original manually.
Glad we all agree.

It would be possible to do FS-21's version idea (ZZ = 01 to 26 to represent a letter) but require a bit more coding.
The ini values are internal only of course, but if someone other than myself writes a program that reads these values then they need to be able to manipulate strings correctly to display the correct information.
10700 = "1.07"
10711 = "1.07k"
17011 = "1.70k"? or "1.7k"?
We need to decide on a format that will never again need changing.
I can't see the TX format changing, so XYY will suffice for the TX.
If we go with XYYZZ, then the ZZ HAS to be included, even if it is 00.

It's entirely up to pd, I just need to know the Rock Patch version format in time for the next release of the Rock Patch. But once it's implemented it cannot be changed.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
the format would be used only by the patcher right?
if so, X.YY.ZZ is OK and i agree with it

as long as i can still announce them as X.YYa Tongue
PaD;date=Oct 18 2005, 09:07 AM;post=1794 Wrote:school is really stressy atm and besides I gotta prepare my 18th birthday party on friday, which is also the release date for 1.07 btw Smile

Sweet! Good to see its coming along nicely. Oxid Wars is so using Rock Patch 1.07! Your the best PD!
myBB 
Playing a bit with the new EMP weapons inside a vehicle I saw that can be disabled himself due to the cellspread (I can't remember).

The Firing SW: It will force the building with EMPulseCannon=yes to fire at the specified target but... works (or will work) with buildings with turrets like in TS? because I tried with/without turret (& I tried with OmniFire=yes without success) & only can fire in 1 direction (the default direction when a turret was built)...

Affected AI's with EMP weapons do nothing until you does a new order (but this is to your units but AI computer will no to repeat the last order Tongue).

"custom mouse pointers (Actions)" wasn't possible to add animated pointers, right? because my pointer is static EXCEPT when I click the right button, momment that I can see in movement the pointer (if I wait with the clicked right button I see all the time the animated pointer, but only in this case)

pd: happy birthday :clap:
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
Hip, Hip, Hurray for PD!!! And for his incredible patch. Well, PD how does it feel to be known around the world?
FS-21:

In TS, the Mobile EMP unit uses this tag:

Code:
TypeImmune=yes

This tag also works for RA2/YR. Make sure your unit uses it.
Banshee, this TypeImmune tag is useless to these "new" EMP weapons, I tried it :-/
i think i might have had a Breakthrough regarding the 100 units bug.

last night i was creating a new unit for my special einstein side, the "Remote Beta Prism" AKA PrismBot, but forgot to add it to the units list.

and, i got the 100 units bug with it.

but wait! its not on the unittypes list! how can i get the 100 units bug with it?

yes, i could build it, and the AI built it like crazy.

but, its not on the unittypes list.

it was however listed on the "Einstein PrismBot Control".

so, something on the prismbot control parsed my unit, and allowed me to build it, and the AI also built it with the 100 units bug.

my conclusion: Its a hardcoded limit, much like BaseUnits=

hope this helps.
Yeah, yeah, any objects listed in the top control lists gets added to the appropriate list automatically. (PadAircraft > AircraftTypes, *ParaDropInf > InfantryTypes, Prism Control > BuildingTypes, etc.)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
erm... :blink: its not on 1 of the top control lists, its on the PoweredUnit=tag on the prismbot control(a structure i gave to einstein, a clone of the robot control).

but if you say it automaticly adds it to the list, then, maybe its not a breakthrough after all.

but i still say its something to do with the first 100 being read by 2 things, but the rest only being read by 1 of them, like the BaseUnits= tag.
A UnitType doesn't have to be in [VehicleTypes] to be loaded.
You can just add it to BaseUnit or UndeploysInto for instance and it will be created.

The problem here is that its data could get loaded late or not at all.

Same goes for Infantry, Aircraft and Buildings and all the other crap.
It's like the weapons.