Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trench problems
So I'm not exactly sure if its just me that has this problem, or what is going on, but I can't seem to move occupants of one trench to another without well, deploying them out and moving them there. Second, Bunker.Raidable= is just having image issues, where after you capture a bunker, it doesn't change to the 'occupied' frame. Pics of course.

[Image: errorso.png]

Code:
; Trenches
[GATREN]
UIName=NOSTR:Combat Trenches
Name=Allied Trenches
BuildCat=Combat
Strength=400
Prerequisite=GAPILE
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=2
Adjacent=8
Sight=2
UC.PassThrough=30%
UC.FatalRate=5%
UC.DamageMultiplier=70%
Bunker.Raidable=true
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
CanBeOccupied=yes
MaxNumberOccupants=3
CanOccupyFire=yes
IsTrench=AlliedModern
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=200
Points=10
Repairable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
ThreatPosed=0
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Trenches
Ares Manual Wrote:A major concept of trenches is the ability for infantry to move from one segment of a trench to the next, on the basis that adjacent segments are connected and, in essence, the same trench.

[...]

For example, let's say you have IsTrench=AlliedModern. You have 2 segments of this trench adjacent to one another and one of these segments is garrisoned. If you select the garrisoned segment and then position the mouse cursor over the adjacent segment, you will get an 'enter' cursor over the adjacent segment. Clicking now with the enter cursor showing will transfer the occupants from the garrisoned segment into the adjacent segment.
Emphasis mine.
Keep in mind that IsTrench was/is being designed for wall-like structures, that is, 1x1 sized. I don't have the code open right now, but I seem to remember it doesn't work if your trench isn't adjacent to the 0,0 cell of the other trench.

Either way, your trenches don't look adjacent to me - thus, traversal not working is no surprise.
(If you want transfer over long distances, support issue #194.)

Bunker.Raidable=
Again, I don't have the code open, but I'm rather sure (like, 99.9%) that raiding is nothing but a cursor override and ownership logging, essentially - i.e. it should use the exact same occupation functions as normal occupiers. Does the same happen with all raided buildings? Can anyone else confirm this issue, and report whether it worked differently before?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ah ok, didn't know it was designed for 1x1. My trench is 2x3 so yeah, but I thought it would work considering the line of cells saying its attached like a wall. Thanks for clearing that up Smile .

Seems to happen every time with the Battle bunker, but thats the only raidable building I've tried so far besides my art-less trench sorry.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Well, as said, if the 0-cells line up, it should work even for other sizes. The problem you're having is not the foundation, the problem you're having is that your trenches are distinct trenches - they're not adjacent.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.