Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
countries - Modified Thread
I have been getting crashes when trying to select a country to play as or against. DCoder made a comment about my country listing. I tried to add a new country. This is what I have:

rulesmd
10=Aussie

GDI=British,French,Alliance,Americans,Germans,Europe,Aussie

[Aussie]
UIName=Name:Aussie
Name=Aussie
Suffix=Allied
Prefix=G
Color=AlliedLoad
Multiplay=yes
Side=GDI

CSF:

name:aussie Australia

ls800aussie.shp
mplsau.pal
aussie.pcx

I read the manual and can't seem to get the game to work. When I go to change the countries to play and play as I get a crash with an IE message. Can someone tell me where I went wrong?

and when I choose to play unmodified ra2 i get this txt file
Do you have anything else that also uses 10 as an index number? Also, at which point does the crash occur? Does it occur when you are selecting the country, or when you start a game?
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
I am able to select map the problem occurred when trying to change countries but I think I got that problem solved.

Edit: I couldn't figure why the game would crash after working before Ares. I decided to make a game loader when a message kicked back about using expandmd07.mix. It said something about lower for 3rd party items. I changed the number to 11 and it works now. I never saw a post stating that lower numbers were reserved. Maybe tossing up something that states using 11 and higher for mix files could avoid this for others.
Well... LBMC does warn about this, and LB does have the warning in it's log file. It's also (fairly) well known that the community agreed to reserve mixes 02-10 for plugins. 06 already being used for the TX.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
ModEnc/Reserved Mix Files Wrote:it is recommended that you avoid using the 01-10 range to future proof compatibility of your mod with future community projects and updates.
Stood that way on ModEnc since April 26, 2005, on a page aptly named "Reserved Mix Files".

Though I will admit, should we actually hard-block usage of < 11 MIXs, that should be noted in the manual.

The fact that it's not mentioned, and the fact that that would block Ares mods from being used with TX, however, makes me doubt we actually block anything there...

So, could you please tell us exactly what message of what program in what context said what exactly?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
here is a pic. When I inserted the mix file into the mix folder the tab with the arrow blinked red, when I clicked on the tab the message appeared
And which part, exactly, of the fact that you have an error in a window branded "Launch Base Mod Creator: File Errors" made you think it was Ares-related?

It's rather obvious the mix number thing is entirely independent from Ares.
Which suggests, if using the launcher made the only difference between being able to launch and not, that you packaged your mod wrongly before.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Yes, to clarify: Launch Base Mod Creator and Ares are not part of the same project. The former simply supports the latter.

The reserved mix files were agreed some years ago. Launch Base/Launch Base Mod Creator are the first programs to enforce this restriction.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.