Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residual File Manager doesn't want to mark some files as safe (0.99.0248)
I've got a Windows XP SP2 system, and I installed LB.

I use a modded YRPM-generated thememd.ini (Red Alert 3, Sole Survivor, Mental Omega and even more), a stringtable00.csf containing the info for all mods and 3 additional ecachethemeXX.mixes. I tried to mark all of these as safe, but only the thememd.ini had been declared as one. All the other 4 are considered unsafe. I move them on the safe-list and close the window, but when I reopen it, I see that only thememd.ini has been declared.

Am I doing something wrong?
I'm away at the moment but will look into this on my return.

I suspect that this is due to some restrictions placed on the safe file manager - for example, a randomly named MIX file could modify the game, so can't be considered 'safe'. The idea for this was to ignore things like EXE files or MP3s, etc. However if that were the case then they shouldn't be listed at all. I'll check this on my return and do something about it one way or another.

In the meantime, if anyone has any thoughts on the subject I'd love to hear them!
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Since the original YRPM addon mixes are considered as safe and doesn't even pop up in the RFM, I suggest expanding this method for mod-music packs as well. Maybe one step more forward, by using Ares's ini-includer and strings coded in the ini-files, it could be a new standard that every ecachethemeXX.mix has his own themeXX.ini as well, and the inclusion could be maintained by LB or the mod as well.
The original problem is a bug with the way the list of safe files gets refreshed. New version of LB released.
The Residual File Manager doesn't have many restrictions placed on it - it's assumed you really know what you're doing.

The ecachetheme idea - I love it! This thread can now be about that.

As soon as we have DCoder's DLL for mix reading/writing I'll look at changing the way the YRPM works.
The ecachetheme*.mix files should contain an INI file (not thememd.ini though) to list information about the tracks included. The YRPM can then take that information and generate options on the fly.

I'll also need to look into how LB prompts the user for desired playlists because it's a bit cumbersome at the moment.

I may even integrate the YRPM into LB, and lose the YRPM as a separate program.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.