Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coverting to Ares form Npatch
Q : Coverting to Ares form Npatch
Possible?

Dawn of the Legions needs a stable platform in order to function properly and i was wondering this when Rock patch 2 website went up.
MY objectives are for a continuous add ons to be supported for my mod MY total conversion Mod is design to be continuously modded.

And will Rulesmd.ini with enable Custom Names (IE : RulesXX.ini or RulesDOTL.ini) so that that players can easily swap between mods?.
Next time, use the search function. There have already been two migration topics in which NPatch came up, both of which are still visible on the first page of this section, one of them stickied.

In particular, this and this post have extensively covered this topic in the past.

Way to make a good first impression.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
NPatch to Ares is not a good idea

Ares dont have
- Superweapon clones
- New sides
- Nextstage logic
- Custom radiation for weapons
- Prerequisite logics
* More, but they are not needed to make the switch

And Rens link are no use. Why Rockpatch to Ares? It should be NPatch to Ares. And yes, I know you guys hate NPatch, VK and his style, but thats not the point here. There are alot more NP users than RP. The RP users are very small, and you will get more effect if its NP to Ares, and not the almost unused Rockpatch
There's a reason why we don't support NPatch.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
I take it as a NO then.... fine.

Detele this topic please i have my answer thank you for your time.
Quote:NPatch to Ares is not a good idea

Ares dont have
- Superweapon clones
- New sides
- Nextstage logic
- Prerequisite logics

And Rens link are no use. Why Rockpatch to Ares? It should be NPatch to Ares. And yes, I know you guys hate NPatch, VK and his style, but thats not the point here. There are alot more NP users than RP. The RP users are very small, and you will get more effect if its NP to Ares, and not the almost unused Rockpatch
So stick to NPatch then? Not like I get paid if you switch.

You're wrong on several claims. Might want to read more than just the site's frontpage next time.
What Ares has and doesn't have at the moment, which is not quite what you baselessly claimed, is not what a public release will have.
We implement features based on more compelling metrics than "NPatch has this feature". And we fix bugs in the original game, too.

And last but not least, I (I don't speak for other developers here, only myself) make Ares in my own free time, for my own entertainment. I'd keep making it even if it had zero users besides myself. Because I enjoy the intellectual challenge, not because I want to "beat" VK or "steal" his users or to boost my ego or whatever.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
First of all i never asked for a "converter" but if it contains "some features of useful features". I was thinking similar code IF any is relative to what i'm doing.

MY "Dawn Of The Legions" game is compatible with

RP 1.08 and 1.10
NPAE
NP SE

what I'm looking for:
-Air to Air combat
-3rd side total remakes of the 3rd side GUI Unit selection menu
-Complex Muti-weapon Support (Example.: Emp and damage warheads on a single weapon) ------Upgrades if/and/or possible
-New Terrain pallets/ Features.

Answer to Renegade-

http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...8#pid14968
NO- i'm not looking for that!

http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...398&page=2
Some yes but not all!
Yes you are looking for that, you fucking moron. Both posts completely answer your question, in that there is no official support for NPatch.

Is that really so hard to grasp?

And really...how dumb are you, in total? "is conversion to Ares from NPatch possible?" "I never asked for a converter!".

Get a fucking brain. Quit spamming my forum. Grasp the implications of there not being official support for NPatch.

And be aware that your attitude and manner in these 5 posts had me very close to banning you already. I suggest an immediate attitude-readjustment, or you'll be removed as a disturbance.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(02.01.2010, 17:49:08)@_@ Wrote: NPatch to Ares is not a good idea

Ares dont have
- Superweapon clones
- New sides
- Nextstage logic
- Prerequisite logics
What? While Ares may not have some of these features at the moment, that doesn't mean that Ares will never get them, it isn't even publicly available yet. While I can't speak for DCoder or Renegade or any of the hard working hobbyists who make Ares, we all know that Ares will end up with a stable, usable base on which competent modders can build their dream mod without the limitations of the YR engine. What we see here is just a skeleton, the eyebrows come much later.

- I'm certain that SW clones are in Ares, the last time I talked to DCoder, admittedly a while ago (hi! Tongue), he was fixing them.
- As for new sides: Such as this, on the Ares Roadmap
- Radiations
- I'm pretty sure that there are some snazzy prerequisite logics, more than I'm willing to link to.

I don't see any reason to stick with Npatch, with the near legendary infamy it brings.
D has already said everything that needs to be said to @_@:
DCoder Wrote:[...]
You're wrong on several claims. Might want to read more than just the site's frontpage next time.
What Ares has and doesn't have at the moment, which is not quite what you baselessly claimed [...]
Forum Rules

Yeah, but I needed something to rant about, you guys shouldn't get all the fun of destroying a baseless argument Tongue
Just delete this topic. Please Renegade its getting silly.
Hay gais! I can has NPatch to Ares support?
Spin eyesRocket Launcher
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
In a parallel universe, perhaps.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
It's simple, Ares has no affliation to Npatch but has its roots in old Rockpatch versions, therefore Rockpatch support but no Npatch support. I agree with this decision, even though it also partially due to other reasons.
[Image: darkstormsmall.png]