Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airstrike bug?
I have set up a new airstrike to run perfectly fine, that bit was easy. However, i wanted the plane to fire more than a single missile. I tried adding burst=3 to the weapon code but it did nothing. I looked in the help file and it states that an aircraft can only attack once before it flies out. It seems it can literally only fire once. Can this be fixed in the next release?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Ok.
Do you want it to fire missiles that are like a Harriers or a Hornets?
Give it [NormalBomb] as its projectile. That will make it fire in a 5 or something round burst.

If not.. well, I can't help.
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
If I remember correctly PD made the air strike out of a modified SpyPlain weapon. A superweapon cant fire a burst... Have you througt about as shrapnel weapon?
Well an aircraft in general can't fire a burst. If you set it to burst, it acts as a multiplier of damage. It looks like it fires one missile, but it fires the number specified by the burst,(one weapon makes a report tho)

[NormalBomb] and [Cannon2] work as bomb projectiles.

[Cannon2]
Image=(insert image)

That is way I have done all my bombers.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
eva-251;date=Dec 11 2005, 01:29 PM;post Wrote:Well an aircraft in general can't fire a burst. If you set it to burst, it acts as a multiplier of damage. It looks like it fires one missile, but it fires the number specified by the burst,(one weapon makes a report tho)

That's not true at all, in fact the Soviet Mig has Burst=2 making it fire 2 rockets.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Oh really?
Weird, would it deal with FLH?

I think Flyby= and that Fly(insert missing part here)= might affect the weapons burst, because my previous past was true with my SS Fighter, whose ini coding was copied from the Harrier weapon and all.

Its elite-weapon had Burst=2 and this made the plane fire a single missile that did double damage to the intended target.

Lol, I haven't played normal YR in so long I forgot the MIGs missiles...
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
wouldn't it probably have been better for PD to make an airstrike out of the boris airstike than the spyplane?
well if boris airstrike will do,it will find buildings near unless PD remove that redglowing thing
Become the Ultimate General - Yuri's Revenge: Zero Hour
[Image: sigyrzh.jpg]
Yuri's Revenge Zero Hour Mod Leader, visit my site at freedom studios. Click banner ^__^
unfortunatly, its not a superweapon ATM... special tags are placed on a unit, and its called by a warhead containing Airstrike=yes

it will likely have a type and action, those are just hidden and hardcoded to be used by a weapon holding that tag.

the red effect is purely part of the weapon, any weapon should be able to use that effect.

on weapon
MigAttackCursor=yes
IsLine=true
IsHouseColor=true

on warhead
Airstrike=yes

you should be able to target infantry and units too, its just that the versus of the warhead is set to only allow you to target buildings. with an apropriate action, you should also be able to target ground, assuming you give the units an apropriate weapon, like a kirov bomb.
Quote:you should be able to target infantry and units too, its just that the versus of the warhead is set to only allow you to target buildings. with an apropriate action, you should also be able to target ground, assuming you give the units an apropriate weapon, like a kirov bomb.

That would be awesome.
I always wanted my Delta Force OP to call in a airstrike on ships...
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
Tratos: Decrease ROF-value.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Don't true aircraft rely more on the Ammo= statement in the unit section? I used Ammo=4 on an Airstrike plane and it worked fine.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Ammo Supply does weird things to bombers, like bomb-swings.
But, ammo may be a determining factor aswell.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
IIRC, burst=2 actually takes 2 Ammo...
Will that cause the plane to fire 2 shots with 1 swoop?