Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Foundations
Its rotated for me in Firefox 3.5.3 on both Mac OS X and Windows XP and Safari 4.0.3 on Mac OS X.
The tool works for me, on both my Vista and XP SP 2, latest versions of firefox. Good work.
So I'm trying to implement some custom foundations for a cool feature I am working on for my mod. This feature requires the foundation dimensions of specific buildings to be extended by 2. so for example, a building that originally had foundations of 4*4 will need foundations of 6*6. This feature replaces the rubble stumps of the civilian buildings with a mound of rubble that is unique to the building that has been destroyed, especially on ones whose expanded foundations would have not been possible previously.

My question is this, once the code is generated by using the foundation generator, where would you put the code?
I would assume in the Artmd.ini file.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Its all good now I have worked it out, its funny as soon as the problem is fixed someone posts.

I was under the impression that the foundation was defined separately as its own entity then referred to by the buildings who's foundations you wanted to change. But this code goes into the individual buildings coding. Which means my work is cut out for meTongue
I was thinking about a certain gameplay element that Adam Isgreen, ex-westwood employee mentioned in the petroglyph forums:

Quote:The art in question was the Scrin builder unit for C&C3. It burrowed into the ground and began morph itself to establish a new base. Scrin base building was more like LotR's fortresses -- fixed space with plots to choose what to put where. The Scrin had to build multiple bases to have all their tech available, and there were combos of certain items that could tweak the base in certain ways (sound anything like... oh, I don't know -- walker hardpoints maybe? ).

I drew this piece to demonstrate:

[Image: basebuildingnetwork01.png]

Basically the build foundation would be customized according to the design above, forming a network of build plots that are actually one and the same building, except that it's all flat besides the core segment that is the ConYard. It's like a complex component tower where you are able to place a powerplant upgrade on foundation unit 1x1 and the refinery on say 3x9. You need to spread on the map to build three bases so that you have all your tech available.
I guess this could be faked to a certain extent through a light modification to Upgrades.
Nevertheless, feature requests go into the bugtracker.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.