Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaunchBase Mod Creator + custom INI files
I'm splitting up rulesmd.ini (using Ares' [#include]) and got files like rules_AI.ini, rules_General.ini etc.
In the LBMC, I added them to the "ini" subdirectory.

When I created an installer and installed my mod, however, they are no longer in the "ini" subdirectory but in the mod's base directory.
The result is that these inis are not installed when launching the mod.

I suppose it's the LBMC filtering out ini files that don't belong to the game originally.
That sort of filter isn't really required IMO, if you put an ini file into your mod you will have a reason for it.

I'll put them in a MIX for now, but it would be cool if that filter was removed. Smile
[Image: jsfml.png]
Yeah, I designed LBMC to ignore anything that wasn't valid for original RA2/YR, before the split INIs option was added to Ares. I'll change that asap.

Hmmm.... I didn't think LBMC would have put those files in the mod's base directory - they should have just caused an alert and told you you couldn't generate an installer yet.

Either way I'll change the validation to allow such INIs.

EDIT:
No no no. INI files can already be included in this way! You can make up your own names for mpmode INIs so I already allow any filename.
There is, however, a limitation of the folder tree in that the selected folder jumps back to the base folder if you drag the mouse off of the tree control. You need to drop the files directly onto the INI folder to be sure. Once you've dragged and dropped your files, click around the folders in the tree to see where they ended up.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to fix that little issue. It might be an idea for me to remove the ability to drag&drop files onto the file list, to avoid people accidentally doing this.

EDIT 2:
Actually, I just had a look and it was a simple fix. Apparently I'd also done a load of other work to LBMC and just hadn't released it yet. Version 0.99.106 is now available.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.