Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESRB and mods
:clap: :yahoo:

HAHA! I wish I was the to throw things in ERSB and other-legal-pain-in-the-neck's faces.
What the hell does the ESRB have to do with this?
More than they should have to do with this is all I am saying. Recently they stuck there noses into our modding of EA Games. But with Apoc's enthusiasm about Rock Patch, they can just eat their words.
Blitz, that attitude is not gonna make them overly happy about us. Please try to be grateful, not self-righteous or smug.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
CNCM_BLITZ;date=Nov 14 2005, 09:42 PM;post=1999 Wrote:Recently they stuck there noses into our modding of EA Games.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Details, please? (I'm very curious as to why the ESRB would even bother with mods, especially ones played by as few people as C&C mods are.)
Think San Andreas and "Hot Coffee". http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/topic.a...amp;tid=1722803
But I think further discussion of this should be a separate topic, so if you wish to continue, I'll split off this tangent into General Discussion.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I don't think the ESRB really cared about hot coffee or such, they only care about loosing their position by the US government (or at least at a state level) making game rating legally enforceable and handing control over to a censor board of some kind. That said, the (over) reaction in the US seems to be more to do with the fact that parents want to control what their children encounter, but can't be bothered actually making the effort to vet their entertainment choices themselves and expect companies and the government to do the parenting for them. Of course the fact that it starts parenting other adults decisions seems irrelevant to them and they also don't seem to care about their kids playing violent games that involve murder as long as there is no sex.
its wierd how natural act between two consenting adults is :ban: but shooting someone in the head with a large rifle is deemed cool.

F*cked up morals ...
The problem was that Rockstar had a mature rating for violence, not sexual content. I don't agree with any of the actions that followed but it's not "f*cked up morals" as you so poorly put it.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
But the sexual content was enabled by a MOD, not by any code operational in the shipped game.
[Image: antitxtbanner3eg.gif]
AFAIK, you can enable the content in question through cheats in the PS2-version. i.e. Although it's not part of the game as intended by Rock Star, all code necessary is in the game as shipped.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.