Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue 230: Movies list is hard coded
Discuss.

(This is for a future version, not the currently WIP one. Do not complain about it delaying things, as it won't.)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I dont se this as a important feature at all
only a very few people are intrested in movie list
(20.04.2009, 15:48:38)Guest Wrote: I dont se this as a important feature at all

it needs it for the third campaign to work and to have more missions in campaign
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
(20.04.2009, 15:48:38)Guest Wrote: I dont se this as a important feature at all

Yes, its true, the only important features that should be implemented are the ones you want implementing. I'm sure DCoder will be sure to take that into account in future and will apologize for not considering it sooner. It was very inconsiderate of him to implement features that don't benefit your modding endeavors.
While I understand your sentiment, Blade, keep in mind that this is the internet, and you see neither the guest's expression nor his gesture.

D's request was to discuss the matter at hand, and the guest has stated that he doesn't see it as an important feature.
The guest may suck at expressing his opinion unambiguously, but imo, there's not enough message there to conclude he was being arrogant - you can say "I don't think this is important - nobody cares for the movie list" absolutely without focusing on your own needs.

And, ultimately...how many mods do you know that come with custom movies? I see that you're the requester of that feature, so I assume you, personally, need it. But how many others do you know who do?

I'm not saying it shouldn't be implemented, even if you're the only one who needs it - I'm just saying, this is a feature that would only be useful for a very select group of modders, who not only make a full single player campaign in the first place (which is sort of rare), but also want movies to unlock in the process and don't like/can't use the original file names.

As such, while it is dangerous to say "only a very few people are intrested in movie list" without surveys or statistics, you will have to admit that, for modders in general, this feature will be much less interesting than, say having multiple turrets on a unit.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I'm pretty sure that "more people would like X than Y" is pretty low on my "why I should spend time implementing X as opposed to Y" list. It comes somewhere below "I know how to do X, and doing Y would require research".

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Sorry Ren, I was feeling extra sarcastic after reading some of the nonsensical arguments in the mix protection reversal thread on PPM, but didn't have the time to write the small essay required to properly point out the hypocrisy so Guest here got it instead.
* that was fun *
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)