Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login Fails
Yeah... so I havent been able to login the last few attempts. I've tried getting a new password via the "forgotten password" function but it just doesnt let me sign in. NOW when I try it tells me to enter the validation code (pic with numbers/letters) but there isnt one...
Are you logging in through http://forums or http://www.forums ? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
http://forums. and the cache and cookies clear on the closing of Firefox.
Cheers.
Sorry, forgot about this. Does logging in work on another browser, another computer, another ISP? I'm not sure what could be causing this if you say cookies are cleared on logout, but try opening Tools - Page Info and checking "Permissions - Set Cookies" and "Privacy - Is this site storing information on my computer?" just in case.

Posting this from a mates house. Tried it here on IE (instead of Firefox, with a different ISP) and it still wont let me logon (The verification image doesnt show up either).
Now I'm really confused. I logged out and tried to log back in with JavaScript enabled and disabled. Neither attempt required any captcha images (they are only on for registration and guest posting, not login), and simply entering username/password was enough to get logged in. Recovering a lost password worked just as well...

Well it says in the a red box above my username (after failed attempt) "enter the validation code in the image below" but the image never loads, and theres no reason for my password to fail. Ive tried copying it directly from the recover password email and typing it (in the correct case).
Can you show me a screenshot of the page that asks you for the code? Or save it and give me the HTML? I'm really grasping at straws here.

Tried again at this college computer and does the same thing. Heres an image from here...

[Image: loginfails.jpg]
Weird, never seen that before.

In the top left of your screenshot you see "Hello there, Guest! Login - Register"; please click on Login there - it usually ajaxmagically creates a login form right there in place. Please try logging in through that.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thats what I use and it doesnt work, so takes me to the image verification page. No password works, not even the one I recieved through the "lost password" process.
We've done some digging around - it seems like this is a bug in the software other forum administrators have encountered as well.

D is about to manually reset your login counter, so you should be able to log in any second now.
We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for notifying us Smile

To be 100% sure no problem persists, please clear the forum-related cookies before trying to log in. (Under Firefox: Tools → Settings/Options → Privacy → Show cookies → Filter on renegadeprojects.com and delete all popping up.)
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thanks, it worked. Tongue
Glad to hear that. Smile
D applied a patch, so it should not happen again.
Forum Rules