Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombing Mission
I have been trying to make a mission where if the player captures a building a timer starts. After the timer has expired a squadron of bombers comes on and bombs an area. There are no buildings on this point, but it where the player gets a MCV and the player will build. I want the attack to bomb random points maybe hitting a building. I don't want to use the script that attacks a building directly, the attack should be random as if the computer is thinking the player will be there.
Poland's Revenge......... a CAJE production...........release date 1/1/2011
Uh, good luck?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(31.01.2009, 12:27:46)DCoder Wrote: Uh, good luck?

I don't know if that is a sarcastic response, but if it is not, then I guess it can't be done and i am out of luck, thanks
Hint. There is an "Attack Waypoint" function in there somewhere. Now, apply your brain to that, and the rest shall flow.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
There was a question in the first post?

I'll take a guess he's trying to ask how to do it without having units directly attack his buildings, but the lack of an actual question does hinder our ability to provide any meaningful reply, yes.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
(01.02.2009, 10:25:44)Drizzt DoUrden Wrote:
(31.01.2009, 12:27:46)DCoder Wrote: Uh, good luck?

I don't know if that is a sarcastic response, but if it is not, then I guess it can't be done and i am out of luck, thanks
Here's a 1. If you collect enough of those, you might one day have an IQ large enough to understand what D was getting at.

....or just concentrate really, really hard on his follow-up post.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
"I have been trying to make a mission where if the player captures a building a timer starts. After the timer has expired a squadron of bombers comes on and bombs an area. There are no buildings on this point, but it where the player gets a MCV and the player will build. I want the attack to bomb random points maybe hitting a building. I don't want to use the script that attacks a building directly, the attack should be random as if the computer is thinking the player will be there. "

Um, I stated I was trying to make a bombing mission. This was my process:

1) placed 4 waypoints on the map where the bombers should attack
2) created the 4 bomber squadrons with team/task/script
3) created a trigger that told the computer after the timer ended to create the squadrons and each attack one of the waypoints.
4) I captured the building starting the timer trigger

The captured building was not on any of the waypoints. The trigger worked as far as building them and sending them out. But all they did was circle the area. I've been told that DCoder is one of the more knowledgeable people on here and he didn't give me any help, I figured he was saying it can't be done.

Hint Nighthawk200: I did try using the attack waypoint, no dice
Disregard that, brainfart.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
I'm knowledgeable alright, but I can't even see the code you used.

I'm ROFLing at this XD
I should code a button on threads like this....."guess the question".
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.