Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAN Play
Well, the LAN play today are very complicated, frustrating and whatnot.

I tried to set up a LAN game for Yuri's Revenge with my friend for about 1 hour until i gave up. I read on the internet, FAQ, etc, on how to do it, but no result for me. And countless of peoples seem to have problems with LAN on Yuri's Revenge too.

So, what i wanna ask here if this could be changed in Rock Patch. Making it IP biased like almost all other games, a system like Counter-Strike has. I've never had any problems playing on LAN in Counter-Strike, and on Yuri's Revenge i still haven't got it working.
The IPX system are very old now and don't work on most new routers.

I don't really have knowledge about games over LAN but i'm sure other has.

While internet works fine, except for the big lag (Which are probably server side).

Please discuss this Smile
Try playing online with the UDP method.
http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Red_Alert_2
IPX is very buggy, yes.
UDP is excellent. Works lagfree with me.
Well, Does the UDP patch work without Hamachi? I don't like to install additional programs to be able to play games over LAN.

If not, it could be a good idea to implent it to RP2. And may this be a solution to laggy internet play?
It does not work without hamachi. And hamachi is a good tool, a few megabytes and a simple tool.
Why should pd or Dcoder waste there time when there is a good solution(UDP)? UDP is lagfree.
Because as from what i know, PD is going to make a "User end" version of RP2, which they maybe will try to contact APOC about to make it an official patch. And in that way make everydody who plays YR to install it thus making all using UDP system, which maybe will result in a lag free internet play on official server.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

But ill consider installing Hamachi for now and try again with my friend tonight Smile
Hmm, I've seen a UDP patch that doesn't require hamachi on PPM, but don't have the link to hand right now.