Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Step Further
I said that before I would start work on the "Ares" (a.k.a. "RockPatch 2") DLL, I needed a good base to work on, that meaning an advanced YR++, the C++ library providing definitions in order to develop for Yuri's Revenge.

I'd like to announce that this time has about come.

I have been working on some bigger features (namely a revamped and totally dynamic new country system, custom foundations, audio wav file loading outside of a BAG and currently in progress is a totally dynamic new side system) and will keep working on the big hangout features for a while, while DCoder seems to be willing to help me out and do some of the smaller (but in no way less important!) tasks.

Before any requests start here or before a first version is released and nobody knew it was even in development, if you'd like to request things, the bugtracker (http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/) is open for that.
Please remember to file only one request per post there and make sure your request doesn't exist yet!

Before I look into any of it I'll do my best to restore / revamp some "old RP" things.

At the same time I'll try my best to get YR++ in order, comment it better and add a bunch of callback points for C++ coders to hook in, so more people can join us.
I'm not sure whether we will be able to provide a detailed documentation of all of YR++ (after all it resembles an immense part of the game internals), so the best we can do is comment our sources well, make some examples and if you want to help us out or start your own project, you better come with a good C++ knowledge.

Compilers we support right now are Visual C++ (I use Visual Studio 2008 ) and GCC (DCoder uses wxDevC++).
YR++ for is set to be distributed in a similar way to SDL or the DirectX SDK: a library (.lib, not sure yet what's it gonna be for GCC) and a good bunch of header files with a central one to include.

What I should mention is that I will begin on my job (I will be undergoing an apprenticeship to become a software developer... officially, that is Tongue ) tomorrow and that I'm going to have a 8h day every Monday till Friday.
I don't think it's an overly exhausting job but it takes a lot of my time and I don't know how much I'm willing to work on YR when I come home.
I'll be happy to tell you after my first day tomorrow.

So stay tuned!
[Image: jsfml.png]
good new, I would like to se your list of new thing you are going to add.
Incredible PD, as always, I can't wait for your new patch. If it's as well made as your Syringe, it might become the standard of YR modding from now on. (love the GCC connecting BTW)

And congrats on the official apprenticeship Smile.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Indeed, much congratulations are in order along with a new round of thanks and cheers. Looking forward to hearing how you get on! I suspect you'll be running that company inside a month.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Could you release a DLL so everyone can test it?
Gzt, understand that the code behind Ares is still in production.
You can test the general principle of Syringe using the Except Checker, details of which can be found on this forum.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.