The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending AI(md).ini - scripting
Among other improvements in RP2, I want to enhance the AI(md).ini functionality - add extra Script Actions, increase the 6 UnitTypes limit in TaskForces, maybe even add an alternative, more readable, AITriggerTypes syntax...

This thread is for the discussion about improving ScriptTypes.

It would be fairly simple to add "Attack specific VehicleType/InfantryType/AircraftType" like the current "Attack BuildingType" logic, and such. However, all that is inconvenienced by the ScriptTypes syntax requiring two numeric arguments. I can either work with that, or come up with a new, more expressive, syntax, which would take time. Which way is better?

Of course, I alone can't possibly think of all the actions that would be worth doing/fixing, so suggest your own!

Also, the coder in me can't help but notice the lack of any conditionals in the scripting. It is not difficult to add a script action doing an if/then/else, if there is a use for it, even if that does sound like a repetition of the AITriggerType conditionals. I do think adding ifs for extraordinary conditions (say, "have we spied an allied battle lab already?" to avoid repetitively spying the same battle lab for no award) would help. Again, opinions are needed.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3

Messages In This Thread
Extending AI(md).ini - scripting - by DCoder - 18.06.2008, 06:55:22