Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First Decade, Registry, Launch Base & XCC Mixer
It sucks I can tell you.

The problem is I install TFD RA2 & YR and works fine, I try XCC mixer it crashes trying to get to the folder, I think XCC can't handle the shitty name EA gave the folder Red Alert ™ II.

but you can't Rename the folder to RA2 because FA2 says it can't find the RA2md.mix So I copied the folder and uninstalled TFD reinstalled FA2 located the RA2.MD.EXE and it all worked.

Next problem LB wont run because it can't find RA2 Installed because I have it as a folder without registry entry's as I removed tfd to make XCC work.

any solutions? any idea's what registry I can put in? or modify LB to find RA2?

Thanks

Rob
The original TFD setup doesn't maintain the original registry keys and thus several tools don't find the game folders. Did you install the official TFD patches (1.01 and 1.02) or the community patch 1.03? They should fix the install paths for several games.
(26.05.2011, 22:27:20)AlexB Wrote: The original TFD setup doesn't maintain the original registry keys and thus several tools don't find the game folders. Did you install the official TFD patches (1.01 and 1.02) or the community patch 1.03? They should fix the install paths for several games.

Thanks Will try it
Install TFD
Install Patch
Move RA2 folder???
Try XCC LB & FA2?

I guess like that..
Moving doesn't help if the registry paths still point to the old folders. I don't have FA2 to test, but XCC tools and LB are working with TFD paths.
http://xhp.xwis.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?a=26;mid=13914

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
1.02 fixes the registry, if you're patched, you can use tools straight from the box.

The XCC Shortcut tool also fixes the registry, however I never liked it... Personally I got used to search the folder in Total Commander in that time.
(27.05.2011, 06:09:49)DCoder Wrote: http://xhp.xwis.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?a=26;mid=13914

This didn't fix the problem =/ XCC still crashes whenever I try to click a folder, the bottom bar displays that it is still searching the mixes but it sits there for ages like 15 minutes and it didn't change. I tried removing the mix to see if it was just that one and it wasn't.
Oh wait... yes. WDT.mix or marble.mix is generated by XCC at that run. I remember that I had something like it, but I don'tremember the exact fix.
So where lies the issue here? It sounds like LB isn't to blame per se, but you can get everything working except LB without valid registry entries? If that's the case I may be able to add some kind of override setting to LB, although I liked that it worked with any "official" registry entries which also encouraged legitimate ownership.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I guess really the only Issue I have with LB now is that one it requires the OLD Registry and TFD has its own shitty one, and two it doesn't like the Gamemd of TFD but I can live with that ;p