Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't use Ares!
Exclamation 
I needed to test things, I went to use ares, and SURPRISE! It wouldn't work. I got a "Ares DLL not found" error, even though everything was fine. After searching around, I saw one suggestion was to reinstall Launch Base and try again with new updates. However, LB WILL NOT UNINSTALL! It says the folder is in use and cannot be deleted at the time no matter what I try. I need help, because I wanted to make a mod but w/o ares it's ruined.

EDIT: For some reason, I cannot delete the Launch Base Mod Maker folder. The stuff in it is gone, but it won't leave.
Deactivate all plugins before uninstalling.

Also check that LB isn't running with the Task Manager.

About the "Ares DLL not found" error... click on Download Ares more. Usually it works 2nd or 3rd time for me...

EDIT: That never happened with me. I guess a running LaunchBase causes that. Sometimes LaunchBase just disappears from the shell and only Alt-Tab can bring it back...
Reinstalled, and I'm seeing if it'll work.....

NOPE!

"Failed to activate mod! This mod requires the Ares DLL, which is not present. The DLL has most likely failed to download - check your internet connection."

Internet's fine though... I just updated ares as well. Any ideas?

edit: I'll hit update a few more times.

re-edit: It says that ares is fully updated, and still gives the above error.
I feel it's the same error what happens with me.

Read http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...713&page=1 for the details.

As a workaround, I copied the Ares dll into the mod (Create a syringe subfolder, copy ares.dll and ares.dll.inj there, copy ares.mix into the video folder) and set UseAres=no in launcher/liblist.gam.

This forces LaunchBase to use the added Ares version instead of the available one and Syringe is much easier and much more stable to redownload.

EDIT: Looks like Red Ares have started something...
Trying your method....

It says Syringe is not availible.
Where have you installed Launch Base?
Can you post your LaunchBase.log file?

This should probably be in the Marshallx Industries forum rather than an Ares forum.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I have checked the logs, and I can see you hitting on both Ares and Syringe multiple times, every time getting a normal 200 OK status code.
In other words: This is most definitely not an issue with Ares's side of the distribution.
It's either an issue with your internet connection, your setup/permissions (e.g. unable to write to disk), or Launch Base's handling of the download.

As such, I'm moving this to Marsh's area.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Launch Base is in the westwood folder.

Where is the launchbase.log file at?
Well, this is interesting to say the least. Look what I found in a file in the LaunchBase folder!

Quote:2011-01-01 00:59:37 Checking for updates to Ares.
2011-01-01 00:59:37 No update available - Ares is up to date. Latest revision: 710
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Ares verification failed.
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Deleting "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\Ares.dll"
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Deleting "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\Ares.dll.inj"
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Checking for updates to Ares.
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Ares update available. Latest revision: 710
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Downloading "http://ares.strategy-x.com/lb_data/stable.tar.gz" to "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\ares.tar.gz"
2011-01-01 00:59:37 Ares update failed - download failed.
2011-01-01 00:59:37 This mod requires the Ares DLL, which is not present.
2011-01-01 00:59:40 Restore process started.

From what I read, it says Ares is good, then says it's not and ignores it, and then says it needs to update past newest, fails (unsurprisingly) and quits.

But I have no clue what this means, cuz I'm not a dev Tongue
I'm neither but I do know what happens. Read the thread I linked in the fourth post of this thread about the explanation. The first posts are about a wrong revision, but then it's about this bug.

Please reproduce the bug... you should set Logging to Verbose in LB Options to see/send more. The cause still hadn't been found, and if we can give Marshall more info, he can find the problem easier.
Here's the log.

And yes, Ares and Syringe are 100% updated.

Attached Files
.log   LaunchBase.log (Size: 18.81 KB / Downloads: 577)
You haven't read that topic, have you?

OK, in a nutshell.

On some systems, LaunchBase verificates Ares and Syringe faultly which results with Ares's or Syringe's redownload. My only workaround to the problem was to use Ares versions as custom one. This results with Syringe's redownload, but that's faster and smaller.

However, for an unknown reason, Marshall cannot reproduce the problem, while the logs that were uploaded in the last few days, all clearly show this bug.

Please, create a file in your Launch Base directory named 'graion.txt' and start LaunchBase, then post the file here with an LB Verbose log (LaunchBase/Tools/Options/Logging/Log Level: Verbose). I am very interested in which characters broke in your computer...
I put graion.txt in the LB folder, and when I set logging to Verbose and stuff and triedd to start nothing was put into graion.txt
Restart LB and use the latest version, then.
(07.01.2011, 23:14:52)Graion Dilach Wrote: Restart LB and use the latest version, then.

Just redownloaded, and still nothing in graion.txt