Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
Cool!
I didn't know Multiplay=no also works for that.
Well, that actually makes it easy.

I suggest that we should put new country resources on the future website then, as well as a document how the files have to be named.

I think of ls800new1.shp etc...
[Image: jsfml.png]
Sounds good to me!
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Btw, the country listing screen is hardcoded to take [French] into the list. I witnessed that when I accidentally commented out the [Countries] from my rules - there was only one country, France. o.O If I recall correctly, someone (LtZack?) at DZ forums was complaining about France remaining in the Random country list even after Multiplay=no.

Oh, and I noticed one more cool thing with pd's new countries - they can belong to any side. Whereas, if I want to move Korea to Yuri's side, I have to rearrange the countries list (Allies first, then Soviets, and then Yuri). Think you can look into this issue sometime, pd? (I agree, InfDeaths are more important, but meh).

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Maybe it's because there must be at least 1 country in the list? No idea I'll check that.
How do you have to rearrange the list to move Korea?
You have to keep Korea at its place in the listing but to put it after YuriCountry at the ThirdSide value don't you?
Damnit I forgot to register...
that was ne LOL

I never tested making "old" countries being other sides,
but I know that the new countries can be any sides.
I agree that its not a problem to have code supporting more playable countries than are actually available to the player, so a mod doesn't have to provide more countries and the patch won't break the single player campaigns (you can't add extra ones to the end of the list either BTW).

On the topic of a whole new side, that requires extensive additions to give them the same features as the other 3 sides (and even WW didn't include all of those for Yuri, though that is mainly an asset issue). My opinion is that all the other unit based logic should be completed first and then worry about a 4th side...then you might actually be able to make a few unique units to fill that side and give them unique super weapons rather than just cobble together something. That and the fact that although I've seen plenty of moders try and add a forth side of sorts, I've never seen any good ideas for actually using one.
So am I correct in thinking that we can have:

[Countries]
0=Americans
1=Alliance
2=French
3=Germans
4=British
5=Africans
6=Arabs
7=Confederation
8=Russians
9=YuriCountry
10=GDI
11=Nod
12=Neutral
13=Special
;14=NewCountry1
;15=NewCountry2
;10184=NewCountry10171

And then all a modder has to do is uncomment the list items (plus add the entries and assets of course) ?
And this won't break the original sp missions?

If so, then I think that would be a far better way of implementing the rules than what we have at the moment.

Regarding a fourth side, I concur with Blade. I tried to fake a fourth side and my ideas were somewhat lacking.
If anyone wants a new side, it's because they're doing a TC, so they've already got 3 sides, not including fake ones.
A fourth side is pretty low significance. At least until, like Blade said, we've actually got some things that side could use.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Actually My mod had a 4th side, civilians, low tech ra1-like side. And I am really considering to revive this if the patch gets enough of my wishes to get the "CRA" working like I hoped it would, which means 4th side logic (No more bugs at least) and some ideas like ranged drainweapon.
Ehr that was me
[Image: fsbanner.gif]
Daedalus -- FreedomStudios Super Moderator
Yeah, nice ideas, but i don't want vein-things
I don't like that TS thing
Maybe you can do too, that if you made a new country in rulesmd.ini that you also can play it in RA2YR.
That you don't need an .exe file with that new country in it.
I don't can hack, i can only hack dll files, now not more, i have deleted it Big Grin
The Ultimate War is begun!
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

The Ultimate War is a mod where (nearly) every soldier and tank will be as a brutal one, and there's now an Eiffel Tesla Coil, and each side have 2 special soldiers or tanks, and 1 or more veteran things, so...prepare for the heaviest battle Tongue
Sidenote: If you people allowed the site to write cookies, you wouldn't get logged out all the time Tongue
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
It was because I wasnt on my own pc actually Wink
[Image: fsbanner.gif]
Daedalus -- FreedomStudios Super Moderator
There was a simple thing with the debris, it allowed one to make multiple debris fly out, and have a limited amount of them.

A simple "," seperated the entries, and this was disabled in RA2.
also, it would be great if you could set the minimums for each voxel debris.

Quote:an example from my mod in TS
DebrisTypes=HVRTURR,HVRTURL
DebrisMaximums=1,1 ; A simple comma seperates the entries for the maximum of the debris spawned. THis was taken out of RA2.

a debrisminimums=X,X shouldn't be very hard to create.
DRIZZT DO'URDEN/ORCA004ky Scropion's Revenge Team Leader.
Whoo,
I found that procedure which lets infantry die, so I can begin working.
The code's quite easy to understand, and saving of the data shouldn't be a real problem.

I'll just expand the exe one more time, this adding a new data segment so I don't have to overwrite unused data.

File will probably be 4,7MB or so.

Ah and as I was "dreaming" awhile ago, I'll try to make an InfDeaths section, which would enable an unlimited number of new InfDeaths.
I imagined it was harder to make that.
Tomorrow I got damn much time to work on it, and in the evening I may be ready and give the stuff to you (NO PROMISE).
Of course, the first InfDeaths CAN't be changed then, because they're depending on the infantry's shp file.

@ Marshall:
I found out how the reading sections stuff works and I could make it possible to have "infinite countries".
So you'd just add e.g. 34=Supermen and it would work.
Filenames would then be "ls800c34.shp" or something.
The only problem would be that the filenames of the original countries would have to be changed, too... this would save much code though.

But note that although I found out how to do it, it's not easy yet... always keep this in mind please when I say something like that...
Damnit!

@ Renegade:
The problem is I'm posting from 3 different computers in total so I don't activate "Remember Me" and forget to log in Big Grin

@ Drizzt:
That's string splitting with the "," stuff.
It's damn easy in C, Basic and so on, but in assembly it's a hell work...