Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending AI(md).ini - scripting
Just a question: If you(DC) write a successful AI DLL with all the wishes here in this topic, will it work with the current Syringe version?
The currently public Syringe version is already out of date Tongue 2 But what I write will be (hopefully) part of RP2 and as such will work with whatever Syringe version RP2 works with.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:don't forget that the AI is kinda hardcoded to be a certain side, although i'm sure it is doable, this kind of change would require more than simply changing the AI file.

Not really, as you could just make everything build everything withing the mpunholymd.ini.

So instead of a prerequisite being say, GAWEAP,GAPILE. It'd be BARRACKS,FACTORY.

THEN have the mix AI file setup to take advantage of that.

don't forget that AI owning multiple factories leads to building more than 1 thing at a time.

I've found that giving the AI more than 1 MCV (through map scripts) the first thing it does is deploy all 4 (i had 4 sides) build 3 more construction yards for its own side, then sit there doing nothing untill you blow up the construction yards that arn't of its side, where it then goes mental building 4 of everything.
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:don't forget that the AI is kinda hardcoded to be a certain side, although i'm sure it is doable, this kind of change would require more than simply changing the AI file.

Not really, as you could just make everything build everything withing the mpunholymd.ini.

So instead of a prerequisite being say, GAWEAP,GAPILE. It'd be BARRACKS,FACTORY.

don't forget that AI owning multiple factories leads to building more than 1 thing at a time.

I've found that giving the AI more than 1 MCV (through map scripts) the first thing it does is deploy all 4 (i had 4 sides) build 3 more construction yards for its own side, then sit there doing nothing untill you blow up the construction yards that arn't of its side, where it then goes mental building 4 of everything.

Yeah, thats why you set it as I said, so your opponent builds just ONE of everything, but gets access to all sides technology.

So building an Allied war factory, would let you build Rhino's, Lashers AND Grizzly's even without the Soviet/Yuri war factory, ditto all the other teams.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:

Yeah, thats why you set it as I said, so your opponent builds just ONE of everything, but gets access to all sides technology.

So building an Allied war factory, would let you build Rhino's, Lashers AND Grizzly's even without the Soviet/Yuri war factory, ditto all the other teams.
thats not really true unholy alliance mode then...
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:

Not really, but it's the closest we're gonna get normally, unless it's also possible to make factories etc work properly (IE, not do the "build multiple stuff" glitch)
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:

Not really, but it's the closest we're gonna get normally, unless it's also possible to make factories etc work properly (IE, not do the "build multiple stuff" glitch)

TBH, I'd like the player and AI to have the same behaviour

currently, the AI builds 1 unit per factory, most of the time its the same unit from both, but there are rare occasions when its a different unit
Human players get a build time multiplier instead.

instead, i want to see factories of a different type build multiple things at once, and factories of the same type to do the multiplier, for both human and AI

an example is naval yard and war factory, they're both unit builders

so, some kind of tag like "naval=yes" that might work.

you know, i've been down this road before, i'll shut up now
Oh, I'm not sure if it should go here or in the RP2 feature request section, but can you make the AI deploy seige choppers and the like properly instead of the current "i'm gonna sit here and do bog all" action you currently get when you tell the AI to deploy?
I think that should be requested in the Feature Request section...
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
Right.
DCoder I am well up for helping you with this anyway I can, I really like the Ai and I love to code it I would like new Scripts and Features for the Ai Ive already asked PD about allowing the Ai to build Outposts and such Smile

I think if you need some idea's I could help Smile
I have another wish in this topic about ScriptTpyes.
Force AI to fire its own units in a action.
Why is this good? If you have a healer unit, it will heal the unit.
Or in future if you add IronCurtian to warheads like NPatch, it will make them invincible.
(18.09.2008, 13:38:44)Guest Wrote: I have another wish in this topic about ScriptTpyes.
Force AI to fire its own units in a action.
Why is this good? If you have a healer unit, it will heal the unit.

The AI does this anyway if you put it in guard mode.
Yes but it wont follow it while the unit goes and attack the enemy. But it only does that if you have Damage= to negative values not in Verses. Damage in negative is buggy and cuse IE.
no it isn't.