Renegade Projects Network Forums
Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes (/showthread.php?tid=1659)

Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 26.08.2010

Often when I make random maps I get an IE right before the ore, buildings, placements, and vegetation spawns.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - DCoder - 26.08.2010

Did you read the last few entries of debug.log? I'm betting you enabled Urban Areas without the right structures.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 28.08.2010

Uh I see warp able and mouse as the last entry. And what right structures may I have unenabled or disabled that are needed for urban areas? It's really bothering me.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - DCoder - 28.08.2010

Do notice that you uploaded syringe.log and I referred to debug.log, which is a different file entirely. Check your game's debug/ subfolder and debug.log will be there, and I can bet the last lines will be "generating urban areas" or similar.

ЯТҒМ Wrote:A new checkbox – 'Place Urban Areas' – allows the user to add an assortment of streets and urban combat buildings at random spots throughout the generated map. The objects placed by this feature are hard-coded to the following list for the time being:

* Structures: CABUNK01, CABUNK02, CAARMY01, CAARMY02, CAARMY03, CAARMY04, CACHIG03, CANEWY01, CANEWY14, CANWY09, CANWY26, CANWY25, CATEXS07
* Vehicles: TRUCKA, TRUCKB, COP, EUROC, SUVW, SUVB, FTRK, AMBU
* Infantry: CIV1, CIV2, CIV3, CIVA, CIVB, CIVC

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Guest - 28.08.2010

I'm unable to recover a debug.log file. There's a Debug folder with an except and a .dmp file. And yes I said yes to the error report.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 28.08.2010

(28.08.2010, 18:29:00)Guest Wrote: I'm unable to recover a debug.log file. There's a Debug folder with an except and a .dmp file. And yes I said yes to the error report.

This is me btw. Somehow my log in got eaten or I sat afk for to long on here and it logged out.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - DCoder - 29.08.2010

Well, I gave you the list of structures it uses, is there anything else?

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 29.08.2010

Why Am I not getting a debug.log file? I never did a windows search? I know it's on my end maybe the launch base could be disabling the creation of that? And I checked those buildings and nothing seems off about them in the coding.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - WoRmINaToR - 29.08.2010

for sanity's sake, i recommend moving all your old unneeded debug files and dumps from your /debug folder, and then running the game once. Produce the error, get the crash, tell it to produce the dumps/error reports, and then check your /debug folder again. Sometimes I can't find a specific file simply because it is hidden among an array of other old useless debug files.

Also, I have a feeling launch base DOES have some option to toggle Ares logging. Since I don't use Launch Base in favor of an easier and simpler manual approach I wired up myself, I can't tell you exactly where, but it should be relatively easy to find.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 30.08.2010

I fixed by Launch base setting and still not crash.logs being created. all these worth anything though?

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - DCoder - 31.08.2010

That crashed in placing tech structures. Do check that your [AI]NeutralTechBuildings= are all correct.

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - WoRmINaToR - 31.08.2010

also, you're not looking for "crash.log"; the file DC is looking for is called "syringe.log" or "syringe.txt"

RE: Random Map Generator sometimes Crashes - Radaral - 31.08.2010

(31.08.2010, 06:23:48)DCoder Wrote: That crashed in placing tech structures. Do check that your [AI]NeutralTechBuildings= are all correct.

Thank you. One of my buildings had wall=yes on it. So the game confused what it truely was and probably crashed. the error is fixed.

On a side note which seeds in random map generations generate the most Urban Areas and Which seeds also generate the most water? Or have high influences in those two things.