Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: Patching extra functionality into &lt;gamemd.exe&gt; - CannisRabidus - 04.02.2005

Renegade Wrote:And for Cannis' idea...

ra2md.exe -mod td

--> tdmd.mix

Now that'd be cool.
Not a mix, a subfolder. This is important IMO.
- User knows crap isn't littering his main folder, or interfering with his favorite mods, making him very happy, and open to trying new mods.
- Stuff like videos and PKT files and whatnot stay in their own little folders, away form other mod files of the same name...

RE: Patching extra functionality into &lt;gamemd.exe&gt; - Big Jah - 04.02.2005

DCoder Wrote:As far as I know, HoverPad=yes doesn't work with amphibious units, only hovers.

Actually there are no amphibious units present at the moment except SEAL and Tanya. Others are hover. (3 amph. transports and robot tank). AFAIR amphibious is just a SpeedType= with correct MovementZone= , it doesn't change the loco which is "drive" - i.e. normal ground loco.

In TS HoverPad was used on a Service Depot - to make Hover MLRS land in order to be repaired. => A building HoverPad=yes makes units with hover locomotor land in order to be docked with it.

- Big Jah - 04.02.2005

Btw is it possible to add an additional (optional) Strength= like bar to imitate power shield? Add animations when recieving damage when shield is alive if possible. - something like: HasShield=yes/no; if yes Shield=numeric like strength - this should also hang up some additional pips in pip.shp if possible; DamageAnim=work exacty like DamageSound= (plays when hit) but anim. I need this badly...

- Beowulf - 04.02.2005

Big Jah, that would open the door for a StarCraft mod... heh

Actually, I'd like to see that as well. A new tab for a proper upgrade system would be killer as well. Doubtful I'd see that but it's worth a shot.

- DCoder - 04.02.2005

Although there are no amphibious battle units in the unmodded game, mods can add them. And when I gave the prism amphibious abilities (yeah, noobish, I know. I was just having fun), it could not enter the bunker anymore. Not that it's a big issue, just that it's worth mentioning IMO.

- pd - 04.02.2005

Err I don't really know what you're talking about but I have a
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

This weekend you'll get the full working new InfDeaths stuff.
The website should be released tomorrow or Sunday.
Prepare for it Wink

- Big Jah - 04.02.2005

YaY! Thats great!

But I have a question - in YR in infantry section there's DeathAnims= tag which works exactly like Explosion= for vehicles and therefore ignores the warheads InfDeath. Now can I have DeathAnims=DEATH1,DEATH2,DEATH3 and will it support warheads inf death number? I just want different infantry to die differently...

- Marshall - 04.02.2005

DeathAnims= can be set to any animation (or a list of animations)

With DeathAnims= the infantry cannot transform into something else because the animation is not being invoked by a weapon/warhead.
Therefore you cannot have, say, a player-owned infantry that springs back to life and has to be killed multiple times before it is removed from the game.

It would be damn nice though if DeathAnims= could send player information so that MakeInfantry could work with it.
I will add it to the wish list...

- Renegade - 04.02.2005

Yay for shields! Although thou shalt not double-post, Big Jah Wink

@Cannis: I know you didn't mean mixes. But I did. Way cooler, and even more organized, IMO. Although you'd have to make it read some additional stuff from mixes...

- Big Jah - 05.02.2005

@Marshall - I meant that can I have DeathAnims=NORMAL,2,FLYING,ONFIRE,SHOCKED - ie custom series of infdeaths for a certain infantry?

- Marshall - 05.02.2005

DeathAnims= accepts a list of animations.
When the infantry dies he will 'die' using one of the animations you have specified.
DeathAnims= overrides InfDeath so the death animation is not dependant on the weapon that killed the unit.

You can't use '2' as that is not a valid animation name. And NORMAL, ONFIRE and SHOCKED don't exist in the game.

I think what your saying is that 'can I limit which of the infdeaths this guy is allowed to be subject to?' To which the answer is no.
If DeathAnims= is specified, the infantry will 'die' using a random animation from that list instead of using the InfDeath determined by the weapon he was killed with.
If DeathAnims= isn't specified, the unit dies using the InfDeath of the weapon he was killed with.

- ZombyDragon - 05.02.2005

I like what you've done sofar. Keep it up!

I think the next thing you should do is add new spawned missiles, there is a work around, but it doesnt look as good.

I also have one idea for Blade's sugestion, for the imput part why not make a small .exe that will use the files in that directory while useing the files in the dir below?

- Guest - 05.02.2005

Or make a tool that patches the exe to replace the prefix to the names of all the mix files...

So you run it, say a 4 letter combo, and it'll then read all mixes that start with that combo instead of the originals..

- pd - 05.02.2005

OK guys, homepage's ready > patch is available!
The result is:
You can add 89 new infantry mutations and 255 new "standard" InfDeaths to the game!. A tutorial is included in the patch package.

Get it on my homepage Rock The Battlefield.

Thanks very much to Marshall for making a patch program, Blade & Apollo for some cool anims used in the tutorial Big Grin

Have fun!

- DCoder - 05.02.2005

Awesome! *runs off to test*
BTW, nice page. Wink

Edit: hey, care to affiliate? ( http://dcoder.cannis.net ) ?