Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- DCoder - 02.12.2005

PaD;date=Dec 2 2005, 01:09 AM;post=2091 Wrote:I want to know what'll be up with The First Decade.

They said that won't happen until February...
And of course it's nice to see you back on track :cool:
Any chance of sharing the DB again? I am very interested in the extra theater coding that you guys started...

- Bobingabout - 02.12.2005

well, the newest 1 PD has is the 1 in the YRHacKit, so, if you have that...

- DCoder - 02.12.2005

... Everything PD does in the EXE, he documents in the database. Since the HacKit was released before 1.07 even, it definitely lacks a lot of new things he discovered since then...

- Bobingabout - 02.12.2005

i think we already established that, but he lost it all in his hard drive crash... he never even had the database, someone had to send it to him from YRHacKit.

- Awrethien - 03.12.2005

PaD;date=Dec 1 2005, 07:09 PM;post=2091 Wrote:Don't worry about the patch.
It's not dead or canceled.
Just paused for an undetermined amount of time.
Then we all will have something to look forward to. Keep up the good work and youll go far.

- Bobingabout - 05.12.2005

&^*% $&*?%%^ ?$%^...
these immunities are giving me nothing but agro...

i've managed to find an immunity for the contagion in my mod, it'll have the psi blast's ImmuneToPsionicWeapons tag(used to make yuri prime immune to his clones. i guess there will be more things immune to psi blast.).

however, aparantly, you can use IsVeinhole=yes or IsVeins=yes on the warhead together with ImmuneToVeins=yes, but it doesn't seem to work...
could be how i'm using it, or something to do with it being removed... aparantly it worked in RA2... but i can't get it to work in YR...

- Guest - 05.12.2005

You have to set VeinholeWH= in the general section too.

- Bobingabout - 05.12.2005

thanks, I'll try this when i get home.
EDIT: nope, still didn't work...

- Marshall - 05.12.2005

I tried for ages to get Veins immunity to work. No success. Many people kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it and I had to do this or that to make it work, but when I asked if they had actually tried it I always got no reply...

- Bobingabout - 06.12.2005

well, I'm just going to juggle some of the existing ones. i don't see why we need to make the virus immune to virus gas for example, so i'll probably use "Poison" and "ImmuneToPoison" for liquid nitrogen, and use Psionic, or whatever the tag is, and "ImmuneToPsionicWeapons" for Psi wave, Contagion and maybe Virus Gas too...

i know psi blast is nothing like contagion or virus, but... they all yuri weapons Tongue who's to say that something immune to virus gas and contagion won't also be immune to Psi Blasts... most of the units immune to contagion are going to be immune to mind control anyway...

EDIT:
on another note, i updated my liqued nitrogen to use smoke railguns, so i used an animation on my railgun, problem is, the costom pallete "Pallete=" tag didn't seem to work... maybe its with it being a railgun particle, i don't know, but, i made a SHP called ice, with its own Pallete, and added it to art with Pallete=ice, like
Code:
[ICE]
Pallete=ice
and... the pallete seemed to be Anim.pal....

- Blade - 06.12.2005

Particle systems don't use entries from art.ini at all IIRC. All the features of the animation are defined in the particle entry.

- Marshall - 06.12.2005

Not sure about what Blade said, but the fact that you've put "Pallete" instead of "Palette" certainly wouldn't help.

- Bobingabout - 06.12.2005

erm.. is it just me, or does this rad field just look wrong :blink:

EDIT:
well, i fixed the effect there, i forgot cellspread.

but these tags don't seem to work
RadColor=
RadSiteWarhead=
the radiation is always white, even though i set it to blueish, and they the warhead is just all wrong, first they nukemelt, when they should freezeshatter, and second, the frostbite melts, and the freeze tank blows up, even though they have immunities set to not be harmed(using the Poison Immunity)

and ore miners don't get dammaged, arn't those immunetoradiation? units which are immunetoradiation should still die because the warhead status is set to poison, not radiation.

- Bobingabout - 07.12.2005

i kinda fixed the colour, it was too bright, and the cellspread of the wapon thing...

but look at this! wheres the second RAD sides coming from?
also, the warhead is still not working, i specify NitRadWH which has DeathAnim=10, and it still uses RadSite which can distictivly distinguised from NitRadWH by 2 things
1, uses DeathAnim=7 which is nukedie, not icedeath
2, uses Radiation=yes making the ore miners immune(anything with immunetoradiation) instead or Poison=yes which makes nitrogen resistent units immune.

other than versus, those are the only 2 tags on there.

i originally had a versus that melted buildings, my original suspicion was when the buildings weren't getting dammaged, while the infantry and tanks were.

- Marshall - 07.12.2005

The original radsite could not be made to damage buildings.
At least, I set the verses to non-zero and it had no effect. I suppose it's possible that buildings might be hardcoded to be ImmuneToRadiation (I didn't remove the Radiation=yes tag).

But clearly the other problems you are having are with pd's new RadSite implementation.