Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- CannisRabidus - 11.09.2005

It could cover immunities if RadType=NN were variations of Radiation=yes, rather than just variations of RadColor...

- Speeder - 17.09.2005

pd, can you disable random maps with urban terrain? This idea kinda sucks you know Tongue

- pd - 17.09.2005

I agree, they suck.

I got two possibilites to remove Urban RMs:

Easy way - remove Desert RMs as well.
Harder way - overjump listing of Urban, requires special code.

- ZombyDragon - 18.09.2005

I sujest keeping them it, I like desert maps, and it would eat time that would go into something more useful.

- Speeder - 18.09.2005

No! Desert RM must stay - they are very cool and expand usage of desert terrain!

- Bobingabout - 19.09.2005

if he gets the immunities thing working, 1 of the things you can do is give any weapon a radiationtype=## and then on units you want immune to it do immunetoradiation=##.

like the radbeam, doesn't actually cause any radiation, but allows for immunities against it.

- MK - 19.09.2005

I have a purpose to make new slots for weapons what uses Proximity tag. I and Mevitar checked it and only one weapon in game can use it. Others works like first one.

- CannisRabidus - 19.09.2005

Bobingabout;date=Sep 19 2005, 08:02 AM Wrote:if he gets the immunities thing working, 1 of the things you can do is give any weapon a radiationtype=## and then on units you want immune to it do immunetoradiation=##.

like the radbeam, doesn't actually cause any radiation, but allows for immunities against it.
[right][snapback]1609[/snapback][/right]
I think I said that...

- pd - 19.09.2005

The thing I wondered... that immunity stuff shall be applied to warheads instead of weapons right?
That would kinda replace the additional armors, and therefore save me a hell lot of work...

- Blade - 19.09.2005

Additional armors have other uses as well though, differential damage being the main one, not just being able to target/not target.

- Guest - 20.09.2005

me and blade seem to think alike.

- Marshall - 20.09.2005

Immunities would be very useful. But bear in mind that an immunity does not stop a weapon from firing at a target, it only prevents damage from being caused.

Maybe another new flag would solve that:
CanFireAtImmuneTargets=yes/no (default yes)

- Chronojam - 23.09.2005

New armor classes are still needed for a variety of coding tricks to be viable;

Unless you could somehow allow normal units to have a ThirdWeapon, FourthWeapon, etc...

- Guest - 23.09.2005

but thirdweapon is a seperate wish to armour types, which is a seperate wish from immunites, which is only half related to radiation anyway.

- CNCM_BLITZ - 29.09.2005

Another worthy addition would be the ability to add advanced commands to the command bar via use of Actions. With that you could put back the toggle power abilities. Big Grin