Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- Stardark - 25.08.2005

yes, but nobody gived me an answer, does it works too on RA2?

- FS-21 - 25.08.2005

Your question was answered few days ago by pd & is NO... Rolling eyes

PaD,Aug 20 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:
Quote:Required game version:? Yuri's Revenge v1.001
That's what the DL page says... isn't that clear?

BTW, RA Tech Center??!? WTF? Wasn't that the ...

- Stardark - 26.08.2005

ohw, i didn't that was the answer Tongue
srryTongue

- Bobingabout - 26.08.2005

reason being that its a completly different exe, let alone version. so theres A LOT thats different between RA2 and YR. so it would require completly re-doing the patch. easier just to stick to the latest version, IE YR 1.001.

we were compairing the exes before to see if we could find out why the BaseUnit= tag was only reading 3, to see what was added to make YR do 3 where RA2 only did 2.

we couldn't really tell because the code was completly different. but jonwil helped PD with it anyway.

- Piscinex - 27.08.2005

It's because it's a mod-centered project: it's about giving modders extra power. What modder would use the original RA2? It has fewer options than YR.

It may be a little more popular with players (and not quite as cripplingly imbalanced as YR) but that's somewhat irrelevant to a mod-maker I suspect (you can make your own balance in your own mod).

Anyway astonishing work PaD, best of luck should you resume it.

- Bobingabout - 30.08.2005

if he doesn't come back, someone will eventually take over. PD has released his database to make it easier for others to hack.

- Bobingabout - 05.09.2005

"Everybody's dead Dave!"

- pd - 05.09.2005

erm yes? Rolling eyes
I'm having a break from hacking, so it's no surprise there's no discussion here.

- Bobingabout - 05.09.2005

last time you "Vanished", people were still talking in here...

but it seems like the entire Forum is dead, not just this topic.

- DCoder - 05.09.2005

So what do you suppose we should talk about, now that the patch development is on hold? Newbs/n00bs don't know about this forum, and us oldbies know pretty much everything we need to. You could always go to ModEnc and add/edit info to it...

- pd - 05.09.2005

@Bobing:
Last time I "vanished" wasn't announced and my disappearance was a mystery Tongue

@DCoder:
Hm you think the patch stuff shall be added to the ModEnc? Or what did you think of?

- DCoder - 05.09.2005

ModEnc can host any modding related information. There already is a separate category for the patch, so I think posting all those tutorials you bundle in the help file on ModEnc would be only logical.

- Guest - 05.09.2005

I disagree. Keep the RP help file separate - that way you only have to update the help file and not the modenc info too. Modenc could have a page dedicated to explaining to newbs what the RP is all about, and where the help file can be downloaded from.

- DCoder - 05.09.2005

I didn't mean to ditch the RP help file, I meant keeping that info at ModEnc is also a good option, as it is easier to update ModEnc than to force all of you to redownload the help file when something in it gets changed.

- pd - 05.09.2005

The RockPatch Help is going to be online soon anyway, so that wouldn't be a big problem.
I could just copy-and-paste stuff.