Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- DCoder - 02.07.2005

That wouldn't really require exe patching... Just attach a non-damaging (invisible?) anim to the superweapon, and put the real damaging anim as the Next= on the first one.

- pd - 02.07.2005

Good news Smile

1) The chrono beam and rad beam are now definitely fixed. I believed I solved the "green chrono beam" problem but that wasn't the case. They should be OK now.

2) The AI is now able to fire cloned superweapons. You can customize how it is being fired, meaning what is being targeted.
To save plenty of work, I've introduced this tag:

Code:
AITargetingType=8;number of SW in the SW list, so this is the Psychic Dominator
The example above would force the SW being fired on the greatest unit mass on the map, just like the Psychic Dominator.
If you assign 1 to the tag (meaning the Nuke), the SW would be fired into an enemy's base.
I'm going to include a small valuetable in the RP Help so you don't have to look into the SW list everytime.

- THE11thROCK? - 03.07.2005

This is all definitely good news. I'm very excited with this new tag.Smile

- pd - 05.07.2005

I guess we can now say that we got a full-working 4th side AI Big Grin

- They build their power plants and only their power plants
- They make use of custom superweapons
- AI Triggers worked before already
- AIBasePlanningSide as well
- They finally build base defenses and walls!

- DCoder - 05.07.2005

Yay! ^_^

- Bobingabout - 05.07.2005

base defences too? great!

i think i'll start re-writing R:ROTC to actually include a real 4th side now.

quick note on the chrono/rad beams, at 1 point the default was house colour, do you think it would be possible to resurect that error into a tag, such as "IsHouseColor=yes" to make them house colour again? that looks kinda groovy.

any plans for survivor divisor, EVA and score screen graphics stuff for 4th side? not to mention all the other things on the "todo list" i wrote... 4th paradrop, 4th disguise, 4th spyable battle lab...

well, imo, 4th AI is the main, everything else you could live without. not getting survivors is a bit of a pain though...

- Hunt7s - 05.07.2005

Rob when your next on and im at work, ill send you the screen shot to show you it works, Tongue PD did one of our mod YEY. lol This is all good news, and i think its the best news to the comunity ever so far, that you are getting so far in such a short time... if only this was looked at and started earlier, Tongue some one in the comunity could have started this when it was about a year old surly, It was more fround upon and said it will never happen,,, Well this is proving them wrong Smile

- Bobingabout - 06.07.2005

PD did show me a screeny of our mod using walls and base defences correctly Tongue

- pd - 09.07.2005

*sigh*
After about 4 hours of coding, I finally got them working:

AIRSTRIKES! B)
In form of cloned spyplanes (they're clonable now as well).

- Bobingabout - 09.07.2005

COOL! Tongue

- Beowulf - 10.07.2005

So when do we get these airstrikes? Tongue 2h34r:

- pd - 12.07.2005

On 30th of July, I go to Berlin for a week.
So I'll probably release 1.06 on the 29th.
Maybe earlier, I can't tell exactly.

- Chronojam - 12.07.2005

With all these advancements, I neep to keep rethinking the final vision for my mod.

The pressing issue for me right now though, is tiberium logic and possibly veins (not as important, fudgeable for one or two levels where it matters).

- Stardark - 12.07.2005

I think if you add Tiberium things to a RA2(YR) mod you damage the story.
It is not a good story, but if you put Tiberium things in it than is it really not an good story!

- Speeder - 12.07.2005

If you don't know it yet - there are lot of RA2>TS conversions.