Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- [Guest]wthigon_* - 22.06.2005

Ok Ive been trying the new patch (The one that allows nuke clones) And after so many trial and error attempts I found that it is incomplete. I added the [NewNukeSpecial] to both the original and the clone and both were invisible and only one would fire the nuke the other would do nothing...

I thought it was the NukeSilo=yes tag but i guess not...Might be the type or action or something..

- pd - 22.06.2005

For me, one of them was invisible as well, but it fired the nuke.
The invisibility is art related I guess.

What I've tried:
Copied the [NAMISL] section, called it [NAMISL2], with Image=NAMISL, and given the new SW.
The SW can't have anything to do with the visibility of the building.
When it's not NukeSilo=yes, then it's art. I'm not an art expert, but maybe an expert can say if this is art related and what's wrong.

The SW itself works perfectly.
The best thing to do is letting other people test it as well.

I wanted to release the patch already, though it seems I can't contact Marshall for some reason :huh:
I'll PM him now, as e-mails don't seem to work Unhappy

- Marshall - 22.06.2005

Sorry I'm on the quiet right now guys, my internet access has been severely capped. However, I have now sent the latest patcher program to PD!

- pd - 22.06.2005

Excellent Smile

I just released the new version, and hope it finally turns out as a stable version (with stable I mean no random IEs while playing).

In addition, I think I can guarantee that 1.06 will have clonable weather storms.
But I don't know yet what else it will include.

- Bobingabout - 23.06.2005

i supose you could say i'm on the quite too, just got BroadBand, and all i seem to be using it for is downloading a series, and playing World of Warcraft. theres something wrong with my router, so i can only get access to certain sites.

I'm working on that though

- Doctor Phileas Fragg - 28.06.2005

Pad && jonwil == teh pwnz.

I finally finished reading every post in this thread. Amazing work you two, keep it up! ScreenFLash=. Awesome! I get really excited when you extract various elements of the code and turn them into individual tags. If you started doing that for all the special-case weapon, projectile, and warhead tags, I'd explode from some kind of sensual overload.

- Speeder - 29.06.2005

Hey PaD, would it be possible to enable 8-players online games? YR limits to 6, TS limits to 4 but for TS, there have been few patches released which allow to host up to 8 or even 10 players.

- pd - 30.06.2005

I just released another bugfix release of 1.05, 105c.
It fixes the Nuke issues and should add stability (once again) Smile

Before I begin working on 1.06, I'll do various experiments.
The first one I did today has been a pure success: I managed to create a superweapon that plays an animation at the place you click on.
It might be pointless, but for my ingame-programming, it's a huge step forward. B)

@ Speeder:
There's probably no chance.
I guess the dialogues are specially built for 6 players only, and I dunno yet how to work with controls and dialogues via assembly. Plus, making the game use more than 6 players might be a problem.
I don't think that's possible currently/at all.
Ask whoever has done the TS patch (he might help me doing other things Tongue)

- Marshall - 30.06.2005

Not useless at all - spawn particles / neutral infantry, smoke screen. Definitely some useful applications.

- Renegade - 30.06.2005

Ion Cannon?

- pd - 30.06.2005

OK then.
Seeing it's useful, I made it customizable like this:

Code:
Type=Animation
Animation=NUKEDIE;my example

Works perfectly, 1.06 will include it Wink

- Guest - 01.07.2005

Hi,

I have a little idea what the next patch could inlude. Could you please break the 100 Unit limit for infantery and tanks?
that's very important to continue with my mod. Smile

and whats about more colors than 8 in the color selection screen in multiplayer maps? Rolling eyes

- Renegade - 01.07.2005

Yeah. Like you're the only one with that idea. Shift eyes
Read the Wishlist. Second wish of all.

- Guest - 01.07.2005

Do you think it would be possible to add a time delay tag for such superweapons? For more realistic mods, most things don't appear instantly after fired/activated/whatever.

(Yeah, yeah, wishlist and all that...)

- pd - 01.07.2005

Yes, wishlist and all that.

EDIT:
I ignore direct requests.

"Would it be possible to..." also is a request in my eyes.
You wouldn't ask if you didn't want it to be made.