Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- Guest - 02.06.2005

It was in 1.05, not in 1.04c

- Bobingabout - 03.06.2005

i know taunts are in 1.05 and not in 1.04c, i helped jonwil with it, kinda.

what i'm saying is i played with both 1.04c and 1.05 on the same day, and i don't know which version it was when i presed f10. most likely 1.04c...

- THE11thROCK? - 03.06.2005

Right now i'm using the 1.05 patch by PaD. I encountered a problem (though not producing an I.E., so no except.txt) with Superweapons. After I have built a set of my new superweapons (like the new psychic dominator) in game, I noticed that the AI, after having the Lightning Storm ready, didn't fire the Weapon against me. So I wondered, and the next time against three AIs, the two AI fired lightning storms on me, but the soviet AI didn't fire the Nuke Missile into my base. I noticed that whenever the AI stops firing their superweapons, the building active animation also stops, as if the building is frozen to a halt. I never experience stoppage of this kind using the superweapons myself, only in the AI (twice). So i'm kind of wondering, is this also a problem with the patch (hopefully not), or something I screwed up in the rules. Rolling eyes

- Speeder - 04.06.2005

It is. The new paradrops also aren't used by the AI.

- jonwil - 04.06.2005

Just to give you an update, I am currently waiting for PD to do some work to move some of the data areas he is using (will fix some bugs and stuff). Once that is done, we can fix the infantry mutate bug, tank bunker bug, sidecxx bug and stuff and make a new release (which will include the custom nuke code too)

- CannisRabidus - 04.06.2005

Speeder;date=Jun 4 2005, 06:45 AM Wrote:It is. The new paradrops also aren't used by the AI.
[right][snapback]1321[/snapback][/right]
Go back a few pages, there's some discussion on how the AI uses different superweapon types. There's a need to discover how it uses the current supers, so the appropriate AI super behavior can be pointed to for any new supers. Right now new supers have no AI behavior at all attached to them.

- THE11thROCK? - 05.06.2005

@Jonwil
That's good news. Rolling eyes

@Cannis
Thanks for the refferal Tongue

- Speeder - 08.06.2005

So complete bug list is like this?

- Tank Bunker issue
- Genetic Mutator issue
- Campaign load text color issue
- Third side issue
- New superweapons AI issue
- New taunts issue (IE when it isn't available)

*Just to get everything in one post and revise the topic Wink

- pd - 09.06.2005

Exactly.
My PC was fucked for the last week, but now I got the game back and I think I can do the data movement Saturday morning.

- THE11thROCK? - 11.06.2005

@ PaD
Glad to hear about it. Big Grin

- Chronojam - 14.06.2005

Welcome back, lucky guy.

My mod's entire group of core developers including me all had computer issues within the same month; everything's gone unless we pull some massive data recovery.

- Bobingabout - 14.06.2005

hows it going PD?

- Guest - 15.06.2005

Ugh. Dare I say it but start a new thread with each new patch with a list of the features added, bugfixes, and unsolved bugs.

However, this made for an interesting 44 page read. Makes me want a open source RTS engine. Big Grin

Keep up the good work everyone! :wub:

- pd - 19.06.2005

:unsure:

Hope the modified exe arrived at jonwil.
Anyway, gotta talk to him tomorrow then.

Till then, I'll hunt the genetic mutator bug.

- pd - 20.06.2005

Hm, damn school, prevented me from contacting jonwil today Shift eyes

Anyway, I'm double-posting because this a news:
The genetic mutator bug was a problem in the special gen mutator script.
-> FIXED

EDIT:
The Yuri UI problem was some mistake with default values in the loading routines.
-> FIXED