Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- Bobingabout - 13.05.2005

i don't know. if he can, nevermind.

- jonwil - 13.05.2005

ok, firstly, to PD, with respect to mouse actions, if I use the "Airstrike" action for my new nuke, I get different cursors for "over shroud" and "over visible terrain"
So, somehow there is a flag in the airstrike action that tells it what to use for "over shroud" (since the normal nuke doesnt have this effect)

Secondly, do any superweapons (other than the dominator) have lighting settings?
If so, what are they and do they need to be made un-hardcoded?

weather storm

- jonwil - 13.05.2005

ok, what about Nuke?

erm, i don't think that does a colour, just a sound.

- CannisRabidus - 13.05.2005

Weather storm and Dominator use settings defined in maps. So settings are available for them, but defaults are to use the regular map lighting settings.

Nuke does indeed use a lighting effect where the whole map flashes. That seems to be hardcoded AFAIK.

- jonwil - 13.05.2005

I have managed to get the nuke to read from temporary variables instead of the usual hard-coded or global locations.
Next step is to read the new keys from the ini file and change the setting of the temporary variables to read from the new keys instead of from the hard-coded or global values like it does now if it is the new nuke.

I dont know where the nuke lighting flash stuff is so I cant change that right now.

As for whats next after I finish the nuke, I will probobly do either psychic reveal or paradrop (i.e. per-paradrop parachute animation and chute sound)
Although it depends on if/when I can talk to PD next and get answers to a few things (once I know how INIGetBuildingPrerequisite works, I can implement new prerequisite groups Smile

- Guest - 13.05.2005

He can see where is cargo plane moving Wink

- CannisRabidus - 13.05.2005

We need a psiwarn to tell us who the guests are...

- Renegade - 14.05.2005

At least we have guests Tongue Big Grin

- CannisRabidus - 14.05.2005

Better guests than lurkers, I suppose.

- Guest - 14.05.2005

:unsure:

- jonwil - 14.05.2005

ok, custom Nuke works!!!!!
You can change (in addition to what is already changeable)
What animation is played instead of NukeTakeOff=
What warhead is used instead of NukeWarhead= (must match the warhead attached to the PayLoad weapon)
What projectile is used instead of NukeDown= (although I dont know if this is used in RA2, in any case its there Smile
What projectile is used instead of NukeProjectile= (although I dont know if this is used in RA2, in any case its there Smile
What sound is used instead of DigSound=
What animation is used instead of the NUKEBALL animation
What weapon is used instead of the NukePayload weapon
What animation is used instead of the PSIWARN animation

Note that the weapon used for Payload= (like the weapon used for WeaponType=) needs to be stuck on a dummy unit so that the game will load and read the weapon definition for it.

I also located the code for the lighting effects (flash etc) but I dont yet understand what it does, when I do I might be able to make it possible to disable it or to change it.

I have also confirmed the operation of the NukeMaker=Yes tag on a weapon and the operation of the WeaponType= tag on a superweapon.

Although I have found that there is a bug, basicly, anything other than the nuke/newnuke firing which causes certain weapon fire related code to execute will make it IE
This is because the game used to do a hardcoded comparison with the NUKE warhead name but it now checks against some variable (which hasnt been set properly).
Fixing it is possible, it will just take a little time.

Aparently, any weapon with the warhead NUKE (or in my case, the new customizable setting for it on the NewNuke superweapon) causes special case logic to execute (its how they get the screen flash etc when the soviet nuclear power plant blows up)

So, I have to make sure that Warhead is always set to NUKE except when handling a NewNuke superweapon.
And that FirstAnim is always set to NUKEBALL except when handling a NewNuke superweapon. Other than that, everything else seems to be working.

- Bobingabout - 14.05.2005

sounds like you making progress, however we need a bugfix version released before considering adding stuff. adding this to 1.05b though is also a good idea, however, we need more tests.

- jonwil - 15.05.2005

We need PD to come back before anything can happen as far as fixing bugs goes (he is the only one that can fix the Genetic Mutator problem for example)

ok, I fixed that issue with my Nuke code and now the nuke works just fine (including the death weapon for the soviet nuclear reactor).

At least I think so, is the nuclear reactor death supposed to do the bright screen flash thing?