Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- pd - 03.04.2005

@ groovyg:
It's learning-by-doing.
When I began, I knew nearly nothing about all that.
But I'm gaining experience all the time, things become easier and easier, and I don't need to test things that often (some code even workes perfectly without one single test) Wink

@ DCoder:
Hm... the fall rate is a completely different part, it's the paradropping itself.
Finding that would mean I find actual ingame instances of infantry, which would be quite useful for me as well.
Hm..., not to say I don't want to do that, but what would it be useful for?
Fake-parabombs??LOL They'd be possible if I finally could make the Spyplane use a weapon instead of takin photos. Then you could assign the Kirov bomb to it for instance.

BTW,
Happy Birthday! Smile

- Renegade - 03.04.2005

It's D's birthday?! YAY! *gets the vodka out*

Happy Birthday, old man! Smile

- groovyg - 03.04.2005

im 18 in less than a month.... god its ghey being ever so slightly underage Unhappy

and on the subject of the spyplane dropping bombs......

FLYBY SUPERWEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Bobingabout - 03.04.2005

i think thats the plan for airstrike, give it something like the kirov bombs...

thing I'd like to see next, other than 4th sides, is the whole new prerequisite systems that have been sugested.

PrerequisiteAlternate##= ; just like prerequisite, but if Prerequisite= or any of these are met, you get the unit

NegativePrerequisite= ; like prerequisite= but if you own these items the unit is banned from creation.(dunno if it should be "OR" where if you own anything on the list, or "AND" where if you own everything)

PrerequisiteMisc##= ; like the PrerequisitePower= and PrerequisiteFactory= secion, it adds a this OR that section for you to use on Prerequisite= tag. eg:
PrerequisiteMisc01=GACNST,EACNST
[GAPOWR]
Prerequisite=Misc01; means anything on the Misc01 list, usefull for multiple tech trees to use certain common structures, like prerequisitealternate, but best used when only 1 structure in the list is different.

and probably the most important part, allow all the prerequisite tags to use vehicles and infantry, and aircraft aswell as buildings.

- DCoder - 03.04.2005

Aw, thanks guys Wink Cheers, Ren. (Who are you calling old? Big Grin )

RE: Patching extra functionality into &lt;gamemd.exe&gt; - Bobingabout - 03.04.2005

DCoder Wrote:(Who are you calling old? Big Grin )
you've got a skull on your avatar!

- Renegade - 03.04.2005

It's a head. Not a skull. A head. Shift eyes

@D: Just because I'm old as well, that doesn't mean you're young Tongue Wink

- Bobingabout - 03.04.2005

meh... did you hear PDs latest hack?

erm, themed buildings begining with any letter...

eg, EAPOWR will do EAPOWR for arctic and EGPOWR for generic, EDPOWR for desert etc. insteaad of simply G, N, Y and C, it now allows A-Z.

- Marshall - 03.04.2005

Excellent, but why did it limit the initial letters in the first place?

- groovyg - 04.04.2005

the same reason they did a bunch of things no doubt, they wanted the code to look tidy and not have too much stuff that is completely unused

- Renegade - 04.04.2005

Tidier code? :rockbrow: I doubt that.
I guess it's more of a typical Westwood attitude: "We're gonna use GDI, Nod and Civil...why the hell should we unlock all other characters?!"

That is, their reasoning was not that it was unused as such, but that they were too lazy to code more.

- Marshall - 04.04.2005

My point was more that it doesn't seem to have caused pd much difficulty, and from my own experience of programming: would it not have been more troublesome for Westwood to limit the viable characters than to allow any character?

- Guest - 04.04.2005

all PD did was change a
G Or N or C or Y to a
>=A and <=Z

- Renegade - 04.04.2005

We should get a list of all Westwood/TibSun-Engine-Coders, and put them on a big "never to employ"-list. Seriously. No man should be paid to write code that dumb.

- Bobingabout - 04.04.2005

Big Grin

BTW, That was me while i was at work. there re quite a few things like this that PD can simply array to add more of them. Weapons on IFVs unfortunatly isn't 1 of them... might be possible to allow more IFVs, but not more weapons, atleast not easily.

I've also heard that PD can successfully clone actions for superweapons, unfortunalty they all use the normal curser (select, move, or just the pointer? I dunno... not easy to fix aparantly)