Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

- DCoder - 23.03.2005

Quote:What's strange is that earlier I had force moved/stopped a vehicle (full health) onto my own repair depot and it exploded! Does that normally happen in RA2 (and what about YR for that matter) ?
Yep. /me parked a Demo Truck there once... Tongue

@Sektor13: Yeah, the same problem happens if you manage to spawn an infantry on a building, using mods.
(For example, when using a long-range shrapnel weapon with an MakeInfantry=attached to Warhead's AnimList= [while creating Agent Smith self-multiplication routine Big Grin ] ) I really don't think this is fixable.

- Bobingabout - 23.03.2005

well, working is good.

BTW, ignore the RGB2HSB program i poster earlier, the RGB2HSB part is screwed, it reports the hue wrong. i have re-written the subroutine, and passed the code along to PD.

so I've completed an MS-DOS version, and PD is working on, and i think completed a windows version. now where to put it?

- CannisRabidus - 24.03.2005

When ordering vehicles while they are on building bibs, they blow up:
This bug existed in RA2... I've never seen it in YR. I've lost elite Apocs driving over enemy bibs to this bug.

AnimateToInfantry guys getting stuck:
They get stuck in vehicles and in particular in friendly walls. They are not really stuck since they don't exist yet - you're just seeing the last frame of the mutation animation because there's no place for the new unit to go. The vehicle with a mutating guy in it really is stuck though.

The only fix I can think of is to find some way to cause mutation animations to destroy any object they are sharing a cell with (not including other infantry of course).

- Marshall - 24.03.2005

And what about cliffs and rocks - things that can't be destroyed?

- pd - 24.03.2005

@Marshall:
Your errors both point to the same invalid address, the problem could be anything.
Maybe the same one I am having (see the poll thread).

Quote:AnimateToInfantry guys getting stuck
Not only in walls or some other things, but also "in the air".
The error sucks, but actually, I don't have a REAL problem with it.
Fixing yeah, but then rather destroy the infantry instead of an object, because infantry is weaker I believe.

- CannisRabidus - 24.03.2005

You can't exactly destroy the infantry, because it isn't there yet. It's like, 'waiting to be born' or something.

@marshall: it never happens where a unit could never go under any circumstances.

Anyway, it is possible to kill a player in assault, and if an anim to inf is not finished running when the 'kill the player' deal is done, the player gets the new animated infantry after he's dead. He's not there to control them, but that's who the units belong to.

- Marshall - 24.03.2005

Not true Cannis, I've had a suspended AnimToInfantry job occur over the top of an ore mine - the computer used the genetic mutator on an enemy's slaves and one anim got stuck on the ore drill.

- pd - 25.03.2005

Well, to report some progress in my researches:

Sure, I planned to do 4 sides :unsure:
Anyway I think I'm capable to clone a SpyPlane, I checked out everything needed.
If I feel like doing it, I'll do so tomorrow.

If I succeed, I'll try to change the cloned spyplane's weapon, so it's not hardcoded to reveal the map anymore.

Wish me luck Wink

RE: Patching extra functionality into &lt;gamemd.exe&gt; - CannisRabidus - 25.03.2005

Marshall Wrote:Not true Cannis, I've had a suspended AnimToInfantry job occur over the top of an ore mine - the computer used the genetic mutator on an enemy's slaves and one anim got stuck on the ore drill.
I would imagine that's a special case because it's essentially just a tree, and the only thing keeping it permanent is an Immune= tag. Overlay is sorta special probably because influencing movement is what it's designed to do. It can actually override map tiles (i.e., you can drive on cliffs with the right overlay).

@PaD: Finally the airstrike weapon that always should have been there!

- pd - 25.03.2005

W00t! The cloned SpyPlane works B)
I gave it the image of the MIG, I'll make it customizable later.
Type=NewSpyPlane Tongue

Well, what I noticed, that SpecialWeapons don't work if an Action is used twice.
BTW, is there any COMPLETE list of possible constants for Action= ?
If not, I should make one.

Anyway I'll try to give our new friend a weapon now...

- DCoder - 25.03.2005

Edit: see http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/index.php/Actions instead.

- Renegade - 25.03.2005

I suggest redding out the used ones. Wink

RE: Patching extra functionality into &lt;gamemd.exe&gt; - Blade - 25.03.2005

PaD Wrote:W00t! The cloned SpyPlane works B)
I gave it the image of the MIG, I'll make it customizable later.
Type=NewSpyPlane Tongue

Well, what I noticed, that SpecialWeapons don't work if an Action is used twice.
BTW, is there any COMPLETE list of possible constants for Action= ?
If not, I should make one.

Anyway I'll try to give our new friend a weapon now...

I trust you haven't hardcoded the MIG image or if you are, you should point it to another aircraft that can be custom and not share the mig image/properties. Any chance of de-coupling the number of aircraft that are used by the superweapon from the paradrops and the original spyplane (and the original from the paradrops) and make them customisable? As for actions, there are a few unused that do various things (or were supposed to), but many don't have specific cursor seqences in mouse.sha and just use what I call the NCD cursor (No Can Do, its a red circle with a line through).

- pd - 25.03.2005

For my test purposes, MIG is hardcoded.
But I already have plans (see below) how to make it all customizable.

I'm thinking of a workaround regarding the Actions.
To clone superweapons, you need to clone actions, else it would suck.

My plans
Apart from taking over the world, I want to make you all able to add superweapons.
The first one is likely to be the spyplane.
How would I make it so that you can add infinte?

Like that:
Code:
[AirstrikeSpecial]
Type=NewSpyPlane
;Special tags if Type=NewSpyPlane
AircraftType=BPLN ? ?;the MIG in this example
IsSpyPlane=no ? ? ? ? ?;def=yes, determines whether the incoming aircraft takes photos or just uses it's original weapon

What do you think of that?
Note that I cannot make the cloned spyplane use its original weapon yet.
I'm going to do a research on that.

- Bobingabout - 26.03.2005

I'm not complaining, but I'm sure you said you was going to do the 4 side stuff before you were going to try doing superweapons...