Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 25.12.2006

you should try and maintain compatibility between versions for as long as possible... to randomly change things that could have remained the same is extramly bad programming practice...

also, changing action= to curser= is breaking original compatibility, because you can currently intermix actions between RP and original RA2:YR, with your new system, you won't be able to mix actions and cursers.

grats on the FourthDisguise and FourthParaDropNum and FourthParaDropInf.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 25.12.2006

Quote:also, changing action= to curser= is breaking original compatibility, because you can currently intermix actions between RP and original RA2:YR, with your new system, you won't be able to mix actions and cursers.
I not change this.

Read part of Rock Patch help.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Speeder (as a guest) - 29.12.2006

I don't know if those two have been brought up already, but:

- Dogs can't use bountylogic. They cause IE every time they attack when the logic is attached to them. I think same applies for Terror Drones and all parasiting units

- Not sure about 'ImmuneToPsionics' e.t.c. but I think that RP breaks 'TypeImmune' thing.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 29.12.2006

Speeder (as a guest) Wrote:- Not sure about 'ImmuneToPsionics' e.t.c. but I think that RP breaks 'TypeImmune' thing.
new TypeImmune= immunities only, and its a known bug, which has been fixed(using desync reports), but not released yet.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Renegade - 29.12.2006

And that, people, is the reason why the bug house should be preferred...'cause not only could speeder have looked it up there, no, bob could also just have said "known bug" and linked to the report, which would indicate what the problem was, and whether or not it was resolved.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 29.12.2006

Quote:using desync reports
No Smile
I only saw it carefully Smile

Quote:- Dogs can't use bountylogic. They cause IE every time they attack when the logic is attached to them. I think same applies for Terror Drones and all parasiting units
Except.txt pls
Probably, there Eip:004F9954 isn't it?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - MadHQ - 30.12.2006

AH! Glad i looked here. I just couldn't find out why i keep getting IEs with bounty, but yes i also get IEs with dogs using bounty.

Edit* well no luck for me i guess... there's just no stoping IEs with RP 1.08 + .0035 if you want to use some of its features.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Renegade - 30.12.2006

I may hallucinate, but wasn't this thread stickyfied before? Lift eyebrow

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 31.12.2006

Quote:AH! Glad i looked here. I just couldn't find out why i keep getting IEs with bounty, but yes i also get IEs with dogs using bounty.
I will see it at the nearest time Smile

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - TheMan - 02.01.2007

VK did you succed with ranged drain weapons?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 02.01.2007

No. It's impossible.

Quote:- Dogs can't use bountylogic. They cause IE every time they attack when the logic is attached to them. I think same applies for Terror Drones and all parasiting units
Because some weapons have not source house - so source house is NULL.
Animation, parasiting fire ...
if animation destroy Yuri slave miner - the enslaves will become Neutral house instead of your house Unhappy

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 04.01.2007

yer, its a problem i have with R:ROTC's flame logic, most of the damage is caused by animations, which makes the unit firing the weapon unable to be promoted.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 04.01.2007

Fixed Smile

Now it without IE.
But bounty logic not work with weapons, which without source house.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 04.01.2007

sounds like a reasonable fix.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 05.01.2007

CnCVK Wrote:But bounty logic not work with weapons, which without source house.

Could a tag be used on a weapon to tell it that it is owned by the firer, something like OwnedByFirer=yes/no, then if that tag is present on the weapon, all effects (bounty, mutation, etc.) are applied to the firer's house.