Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 17.12.2006

CnCVK Wrote:The next Rock Patch will have lasersize, but won't have lazersize Smile
that makes no sence at all, i'm pretty sure you made a mistake there Tongue

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Marshall - 18.12.2006

Yes it does, it's just that you missed that
"lasersize" <> "lazersize"
Although if that is to be the tag name, then surely it should be "LaserSize" (which also does not equal "lasersize")

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 18.12.2006

ah crap, silly me Tongue

he still missed overpowerable

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - MCV - 18.12.2006

TheMan Wrote:And overpowerable thing?
I just want to suggest a thing to that, like PowerOn=TechnoType
So it only can load one thing

Eh?
That must be optional, so we can make Tesla Troopers that can charge both Coils and Tanks.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 18.12.2006

About tag names: I will declare it later Smile
You will read about new tags in HelpApp.

Quote:that makes no sence at all, i'm pretty sure you made a mistake there
yep Unhappy
correct one:
The next Rock Patch will have lasersize, but won't have overpowerable.

Now I rewrite SW code:
the NewNuke, NewDominator, NewLStorm and probably SpyPlane SW's are deprecated.
I remove it Tongue

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - TheMan - 18.12.2006

hehe, does it take long to remake all these codes?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 19.12.2006

Quote:hehe, does it take long to remake all these codes?
I really don't know....

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 20.12.2006

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:And is this new cursor system a replacement for the old custom actions for custom sw's, or does it also allow for other things (Custom enter, attack, move, etc. cursors)?
SW and Attack cursors Tongue

So will the Super Weapon 'Action' tag still work or will this now replace it, otherwise you can't run a patched YR without a mod which changes all the 'Action' tags to 'Cursor'.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 20.12.2006

you can't change action= to curser=, action is actually more than just what pointer graphics to use, it also decides what weapon to fire, this is why using other actions can't be used, because it tries to fire 2 things at once.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 21.12.2006

And because of what Bobing said too...

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 23.12.2006

Quote:So will the Super Weapon 'Action' tag still work or will this now replace it, otherwise you can't run a patched YR without a mod which changes all the 'Action' tags to 'Cursor'.
No.
Cursor tag on WeaponTypes Smile
MousePointers is absolute.
Replaced by MouseCursors.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - JÃ¥ker - 24.12.2006

CnCVK Wrote:Now I rewrite SW code:
the NewNuke, NewDominator, NewLStorm and probably SpyPlane SW's are deprecated.
I remove it Tongue

Now when you are rewriting sw codes, you could do the same for FireSW so they work with turrets and projectiles and range(and support all codes)..
It would make the game more fun and good shp artist would to nice shp Big Grin

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - DCoder - 24.12.2006

CnCVK Wrote:MousePointers is absolute.
You mean "obsolete".

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 24.12.2006

yes, absolute would mean its defintly not going to be changed Tongue

even if you change MousePointers, which will be extreamly annoying becase every mod will need to be re-written, you must keep Action= because that section doesn't have to use things from the new MousePointers tag.

My recomendation would not be to change section names, unless you change the values it reads, so, defintly keep Action= (as i tried to explain earlier, actions are far more than just cursers, or mouse pointers, and should be able to use the original games actions eg, removing the lightning storm and using the original lightning storms action on the lightning storm clone. dunno why anyone should want to do that but it should work since they are both superweapons, and it currently does work. look at the amount of people using TibSunBug for their first superweapon clones.), however, i'd also recomend keeping MousePointers= unless you change the values you enter into it.

lets just say, you can completly change the way it works internally, but please avoid changing the interface command lines, unless it is Absolutly necasary.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 25.12.2006

Quote:You mean "obsolete".
yep Smile

Quote:even if you change MousePointers, which will be extreamly annoying becase every mod will need to be re-written, you must keep Action= because that section doesn't have to use things from the new MousePointers tag.
Rock Patch is compatible with original YR and is NOT compatible with old versions of Rock Patch

FourthDisguise done, FthParaDropNum and FthParaDropInf too Smile