Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 09.10.2006

Unit won't have a veteran mark (^)
It change only type Smile
So you can upgrade all: Speed, Weapon,...

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - DCoder - 09.10.2006

Bobingabout Wrote:and ren or D, do something about the XP smiley(change the code to something else), it's annoying that you can't say XP with smilies on.
Done, it's now known as "XminusP", or "X–P".

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Guest - 09.10.2006

HOLAS: ™

the immunity types.... sometimes i shot a weapon whit a immunity to a unit not invulnerable to that immunity and don't recieves any damage..... like it was invulnerable t that weapon.... but he doesn't......

and.... is posible make a superweapon that power up's an unit like the crates?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 09.10.2006

Guest Wrote:the immunity types.... sometimes i shot a weapon whit a immunity to a unit not invulnerable to that immunity and don't recieves any damage..... like it was invulnerable t that weapon.... but he doesn't......
i mentioned that the day 1.08 was released.
in code: all and only liqued nitrogen units are immune to liqued nitrogen

In Game: All liqued nitrogen units were immune to liqued nitrogen, AND random units were immune to liqued nitrogen, GI's, Cannon turrets, Power plants. and it was strange, the regular GI was immune, but after being promoted, he died from the residual liqued nitrogen radiation(same immunity type). Also, the immune units changed every game i played.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - BaRaKa_ - 09.10.2006

Well, I would say that "Immunity is not quite perfect".
I have 3 or 4 different radiations in my game, and only one is the true Radiation ( ohter are Napalm effect, or Ion cannon effect ), and I wanted Desolator to be immune only to radiations, not to fire; so I removed "ImmuneToRadiation=yes" from Desolator then I made a new immunity type, specifically for deso / nuke radiation ( [RadSite] ); when Desos had that immunity, then ordered to deploy, they didn't create any rad-field; just stayed there, deployed...
Now the Desolators are immune to all radiations, and I no longer use new Immunity types... Smile

About NewUpgradeSystem: what about selections ? If you select MYTNK and hit "type select", will this also select MYTNK1 and MYTNK2 ? ( the units from your example )

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Vinifera7 - 10.10.2006

CnCVK, it's awesome that you were able to change the units as they gained veterancy, but it's not so usefull unless you can get it so that type select works perfectly and so that they stay in teamtypes. I'm not really sure how either teamtypes OR type select call on various objects (by ID maybe), but maybe you could add something to each of the unit's veterancy stage dummy units like ConsideredUnit=unitname.

After that, it would be a nice touch to allow units to display a promotional icon just by using a rules or art tag. For example: RankIcon=filename. This way, you could have specific icons for every unit AND each of the "veterancy stages" (using the new system), if you wanted to.

Keep up the good work! It's absolutely incredible that you were even able to do this!

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 10.10.2006

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote: is this after a crate normally? or after any promotion?
On any promotion Smile
thats good
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:can it be allowed for a later stage promotion, such as after veteran or elite, or just after rookie?
You can create many promotions for units as you want LOL
(using non-buildable units)
Example:
[code]
[MYTNK]
Name=My tank (1)
UseNewUpgradeSystem=yes
NextStage=MYTNK1
TechLevel=2
Speed=5

[MYTNK1]
Name=My tank(2)
UseNewUpgradeSystem=yes
NextStage=MYTNK2
TechLevel=-1
Speed=8

[MYTNK2]
Name=My tank(3)
TechLevel=-1
Speed=10
i mean.
GTNK gets promoted to veteran GTNK
Veteran GTNK gets promoted to GTNK2

or even:
GTNK gets promoted to veteran GTNK
veteran GTNK gets promoted to elite GTNK
Elite GTNK gets promoted to GTNK2

you could do this with a "UpgradeAtStage=" 0 for rookie, 1 for veteran and 2 for elite. however, promotion past elite? i supose thats not easy. (without messing up other things)

what vini said is a good alternate.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 10.10.2006

Quote:what about selections ?
I not thought about it...

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:what about selections ?
I not thought about it...
its something that you'll have to think about when you test it.

how is 1.08SE coming along?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 10.10.2006

I hope: during this week
However I can release now, at this moment Smile
with new "revisions" system
Only I need installerWink

thats good news. However, have you found anything wrong with the new immunty system yet? as stated before, certain things that are not suposed to be immune actually are immune.
i speculate that PD didn't clear the new bytes properly if they don't have any immunities.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 11.10.2006

I have idea how add Action= tag to WeaponTypeClass or to TechnoTypeClass
It mean what if I will do this you can use different cursors for weapons!
But I have problem:
If I add this tag to WeaponTypeClass and you select MORE than 1 unit, what cursor I need to show ?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Marshall - 11.10.2006

If more than one unit type selected, use normal attack cursor.

Or:
Add another flag to the UNIT called OverrideGroupCursor=yes/no
If any units have OverrideGroupCursor=yes set, then the unit with the highest Leadership= will display its cursor. If no units have OverrideGroupCursor=yes then use normal attack cursor.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - BaRaKa_ - 12.10.2006

Just Normal attack cursor.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 12.10.2006

Quote:If more than one unit type selected, use normal attack cursor.
OK...
It's simple Smile