Renegade Projects Network Forums
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Guest - 30.09.2006

HOLAS: ™

i got confused with the side specific themes.... (i repost it here because the another is a superweapon post....) it's posible.... and i'm talking of the musicaol themes.... the soundrack...... i hear that works whitout modifications but i can't no matter what i write in the Side= tag.... always becomes an Allied theme....

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 30.09.2006

Are you using Side=GDI (for Allies), Side=Nod (for Soviets) or Side=ThirdSide (for Yuri), a tag like Side=Allies will not work

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Guest - 30.09.2006

HOLAS: ™

no matter what i write in the Side= tag..... always goes to allies..... GDI, Nod, ThirdSide, YuriCountry, asdsadasdsad (?), Allies, Soviet, 5 (?)

allways goes to allies.....

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 30.09.2006

for Side=, GDI and Nod are semi-hardcoded remnants from tibsun, ThirdSide isn't hardcoded, and can be changed, you just have to change it everywhere.

you can change GDI and Nod too, however you have to edit a lot of things to do that.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Vinifera7 - 03.10.2006

This is kind of a stupid question, but how do I get Multi-Engineer NOT to show up in the skirmish screen?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 03.10.2006

currently, you can't...

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Vinifera7 - 03.10.2006

Can you say "add this for the 1.08SE version"?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 03.10.2006

I think they already decided to put that in

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Tratos - 04.10.2006

I still dont see why, if you dont want to use it uncheck it. What difference does it make if its visible or not?

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Marshall - 04.10.2006

Because the mod author may not want it. It could potentially alter the game dynamic so the mod author should decide whether or not a feature is available.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 04.10.2006

Quote:I still dont see why, if you dont want to use it uncheck it. What difference does it make if its visible or not?
I think so, too Smile
Quote:Can you say "add this for the 1.08SE version"?
Probably, I will add it Smile

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Vinifera7 - 05.10.2006

I feel that modders should have the option to disable it since it can interfere with some mods, especially TCs.

Also, add a way to disable the Campaign List button. I don't want people cheating Wink

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - VK - 05.10.2006

Quote:Also, add a way to disable the Campaign List button. I don't want people cheating
You should not add battles for each campaign's mission Smile

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Nighthawk - 05.10.2006

They were only in the battlemd.ini file anyway for debug as far as i know, so they should be able to be removed without problems.

RE: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe> - Bobingabout - 05.10.2006

they should've been removed, i think westwood forgot because they used a different method to select mission.