Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: RockPatch Mass Installer Plugin for LaunchBase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: I renamed the plugin! The programm itself wasn't changed (except of the name labels of course)

I'm proud of presenting the first non-Marshall LaunchBase Plugin!

RockPatch Mass Installer (Plugin for LaunchBase)
[Image: banner.jpg]

It is kind of an setup that allows you to include any RockPatch/revision you desire into LaunchBase.
This plugin only improves the installation of RP versions, LB already has RP support!

Advantages:
  • The files are downloaded from web - That means the installer needs less disk space (all versions together would cover 65 MB disk-space)
  • It includes all versions, even the versions which don't have LB support in their installer are included
  • You can install them all parallel without running a hundred of setups
  • You can now remove them with standart LB remove method
  • NPatch isn't supported
  • Predefined lists to help to select the necessary versions and revisions

The file can be downloaded from: http://launchbase.creativegaming.net/RPMISetup.exe

Version 1.1
  • Included latest LB features
  • Fixed uninstall bug
  • Fixed some minor bugs

Version 1.2
  • Removed LB process kill, added warning
  • Fixed problems when losing connection during install

Version 1.3
  • Fixed some spelling mistakes
  • Updated description file

Version 1.4
  • Fixed setup routine
Why isn't NPatch supported? That's not a great advantage, as NPatch has some extreamly usefull features.

Also, you speak of RP. What about RP2?
Maybe I have to post some facts about LB to make ths more clear:
LB itself comes with RP support (and RP2 support of course), but the problem is, that you have to run an own installer for every RP version and that are ~40 files. But there are also some installer left that don't work with LB.
This plugin replaces the mass of Marshall installers and the non-LB installers. You can just select the versions you want and they're installed to LB. Unlike the Marshall installers, there's also the uninstall option from LB included.
NPatch isn't supported by LB. I already managed to get it work but VK didn't like it. (However it was just a workaround, but it worked)
I also think the release policy of pd won't be the same like VK's so there won't be 30 revisions of each version so no need for such a 'mass installer'.

I think I should rename the plugin because it makes you think LB hasn't RP support and that's definitly wrong.

What about 'RockPatch Mass Installer'?
(This should be worth a double post)

I renamed the plugin from "RockPatch LaunchBase Support" to "RockPatch Mass Installer" (subtitle: "Plugin for LaunchBase")

The URL to the file was also changed.
Version 1.2 released, see first post for more information.
You misspelled "standart" in the poll (it's supposed to be "standard").
Professor_Tesla Wrote:You misspelled "standart" in the poll (it's supposed to be "standard").

Sry, but can't change it anymore, thx for reporting!
But I can.
* DCoder fixes
There are some spelling mistakes on the info page of the RPMI setup program, but I wasn't going to say anything...
I'm checking that, thanks!
Edit: Mistakes fixed, if you encounter more, please post or send via PM!
Bad news: I managed to delete my NSIS script during a reinstallation of WinXP...
Good news: There weren't any (known) bugs, so I don't have to rewrite it. The (Rockpatch) files are laying on my server, so there won't be problems to modify them.