Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Make a unit attack only naval units?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is the only way to do that with the immunities from RP?
i think you can do it with navel targetting, look at the comments in the original RulesMD.ini

Code:
;These will control what can shoot what for the last durn time.  Defaults are 0's
;This has no impact on anti/not anti air weapons.  Those already work.
;NavalTargeting
;    UNDERWATER_NEVER = 0,            Can't shoot at all at underwater
;    UNDERWATER_SECONDARY = 1,    Use Second weapon against underwater
;    UNDERWATER_ONLY = 2,            Can only shoot underwater
;    ORGANIC_SECONDARY = 3,        Use second Weapon on organic
;    SEAL_SPECIAL = 4,                    Primary on Amphibious and organic, Second on Naval and underwater-not-organic
;    NAVAL_ALL = 5,                        Go ahead and shoot everything with Primary
; NAVAL_NONE = 6,                        Don't even shoot into the water
; NAVAL_PRIMARY = 7                Able to shoot ground target with secondary weapon, but Naval is the primary target

;LandTargeting
;    LAND_OKAY = 0,                        Land is okay
;    LAND_NOT_OKAY = 1,                Land is OK
;    LAND_SECONDARY = 2                Can shoot land, but only with secondary weapon
I'd sugest NavalTargeting=7
You could, of course, also have a look at the way-better formatted versions at LandTargeting and NavalTargeting...Rolling eyes
Thanks. I'll play with those and see if I manage to make a unit unable to attack non-naval units.

Btw do those work with buildings as well? example if I want to make a buildings attack only naval units.
Yeah, they're on the Patriot Missile and Flak Cannon.
Ok LandTargeting=1 worked fine. Thanks again.
I did do some extensive testing on these at one point, but never finished since I have been "away" since the new year. I'd like to go back and write up a detailed report on all of it at some point, but when, I can't say. I am busy with "stuff", you know..