Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Sega Megadrive AKA Genesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
woo, the megadrive, 1 of sega's true masterpieces. guess you can talk about that here.

my favorite game stacks about a foot tall. Sonic the hedgehog 3 and knuckles it's called. thats sonic the hedgehod 3, plugged into the slot on the top of sonic and knuckles. this encorperates the savegame feature in sonic 3, and backs the levels of the 2 games onto each other, also allowing you to place knuckles, so, it brought knuckles to sonic 3, and tails(miles) to sonic and knuckles. i also used it with a game genie, now that thing is a very primative cheat cartrage, you can only enter 6 cheatcodes, and many cheats requared more than 1 code, however this thing only made the game easier, i could still beat the game without it Tongue.

now, everyone says playing as tails sux, it is quite a challenge, there is no "Super Tails" for collecting all the emeralds, making it kinda hard at the later sonic 3 levels, so, obviously, not too many people actually sucked it up and continued, however, where you would get hyper sonic or hyper knuckles, after collecting the second set of sonic and knuckles emeralds, you do get a super tails, and althought super tails is only on par with super sonic, he also gets 4 super birds following him around, which go and kill anything on the screen, which actually makes super tails a lot better than hyper sonic, or knuckles, because they'll go and kill bosses for you Tongue.
Ah Streets of RAGE, I listening to the soundtrack of it now!
Wow, never knew about Super Tails. SEGA never really made it too obvious that he even exists, and they also didn't exactly make him easy to get either...
Whiteboy Wrote:Wow, never knew about Super Tails. SEGA never really made it too obvious that he even exists, and they also didn't exactly make him easy to get either...

yer. he only exists in sonic 3 and knuckles, at the stage where you would get hyper sonic or hyper knuckles, after collecting all 14 chaos emeralds, by which point super sonic and super knuckles has already come and gone(as sonic and knuckles you loose the ability to go super when you start round 7, which is round 1 of the sonic and knuckles levels, but then after collecting the other 7 emeralds, you can go hyper.).
Sounds like re-aligning the planets would be easier Tongue

The only game I've got all Chaos emeralds for (not necessarily trying on the other games) is Sonic Advance 2. The secret final stage is pretty sweet - rushing through space in Hyper Sonic form Big Grin
Sonic Advance 2 is the only one were I havn't got any Chaos Eneralds at all, it has the worst system of getting them out of all of the games!

The Best Sonic games are the ones were you can go Super outside of the Final level/boss!

Being Super Sonic allowed for Ubar speed runs of a level!
Whiteboy Wrote:The secret final stage is pretty sweet - rushing through space in Hyper Sonic form Big Grin

sonic and knuckles level 8(i think), or sonic 3 and knuckles level 14.
Hmm, repetition eh?

@Tom: I actually found SA2's emerald system really great. It is similar to the one in Sonic 3. I hated the Sonic Advance 1 emerald games - I couldn't even tell what was going on in them!

tobiasboon46

Ahhhh,well I,as SEGA fan,need to revive this topic and say that Gens 32,a redo of a super Genesis/32X/Sega CD emulator,has lots of great features like playng with mouse(in games like Lethal Enforcers I,II[which are easier to play with mouse],T2 Arcade,Dune 2000 Battle for arrakis,etc.) and many other stuff I forgot because I replaced it with Star Wars BFN...
"Tell me more,tell me more..."

I'll login after postin'
You know, you can login during your post!
Hahaha, laziness Tongue

I just bought Sega Mega Drive Collection for the PSP, it's pretty good - but I didn't exactly buy it for Sonic - I bought it for Ecco 2 mostly Big Grin
Not for Sonic??
Die,traitor!!
It's only because I've played Sonic to death already, don't be a hater now Big Grin
But Ecco is boring like hell!!!
But why having a PSP if your gonna play MD games? Is useless,I have my pretty emu(lator,in case of dumbs) a real good emu for every thing related to MD(MD,36X,Sega CD).
Hey,you're in NZ how do you call it Genesis or MegaDrive?
Megadrive. And I have two Megadrives, and emulators. Dude, I have it all, don't worry Tongue

But what's wrong with Ecco? I guess you have to be a more mature person to appreciate the devious level design, surreal atmosphere and excellent brooding music in it Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3