Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: white wagon VXL turret
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rargh, you know what happened to the first attempt, here's the second attempt.

it'll probably need more work, let me know what you think.

i was going to send it via PM, but you apparantly can't add attachments in a PM. i had to get renegade to allow VXL attachments Tongue
Oh, this is a nice surprise to wake up to Bob! When I added the turret (which looks really nice btw, in Voxel Viewer), the whole vehicle became invisible in-game. The vehicle has Turret=yes and TurretSpins=yes in its rules entry - that's the only change I made. Pretty strange. Does it need a hva file to work properly?

EDIT: I gave it the same hva as the War Miner (just copied & renamed it) and now it works fine! The dish looks a bit flat but it looks appealing in some strange manner. You can edit it some more if you like Bob, but at the moment I am happy with it. The War Wagon now looks like its Ion Cannon uplinker weapon fits with the look of the vehicle. Kudos to you! Not worthy
err, yes, you need a HVA for it. i never included 1 as any blank HVA should do the trick(i just copied whitewagon.hva to whitewagontur.hva). you'll probably also want to add a turret offset of about -50 to -75 in the art code. the VXL header places it directly on top of the top most part of the body VXL, which is the back bit. i can adjust that if you want. i can make any adjustments if you want. it probably needs normals touchups if nothing else.
Don't worry Bob. I edited my last post - and I've found the perfect offset. Here's a screenie:

[Image: WW.png]
it actually looks better than i thought it would. and flatter too, but that could be down to the normals.
Kewl!
Yes, it looks very natural doesn't it?

Well hopefully it will be the last grahpical change/addition I have made to the mod before release.